Buying MS Points w/Paypal - Error: Authorization?

Hello guys,

Nice site.

Has anyone else had problems buying the premium content through Paypal? I was able to buy 4k (2x 2k orders for 4k total) out of the 6.8k points needed for the Season I pass for Age of Empires Online and was about to buy the remaining 3k (i.e., 2k+1k in two separate orders) and then, I encountered this error: Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option. Apparently, there is some sort of purchasing limit per 24 hour period? Is that why it won't let me buy more points? How much longer will I have to wait for the purchasing limit to go away? Will I be able to take advantage of the limited time offer for the season pass even after the pass offer expires as compensation for these limits and errors in that I was willing to just buy it last night? Has anyone else had these issues? 

What about Amazon? Should I just buy two 1400 pt packages through Amazon as a Canadian customer? How does Amazon work? I saw in some reviews that the redemption codes were emailed to buyers - is that true? Can anyone provide a testimonial?

In sum, I understand that there are fraud issues, but legitimate customers with no "criminal record" should be able to just buy points in peace.

Signed,

BMFBomba

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Purchasing too much in a short period of time will flag the account as a warning.  Call support and ask to speak with billing to resolve your issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Will this warning go away automatically after a period of time or do I 'have' to call in?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure if they put a hold on the account for a specific time or not.  It's probably best to call them.  The number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX in North America.  Remember to ask to speak with billing as support will not be able to help with this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I called in today and so, I was told to wait until about 24 hours after the original transactions .. and so, that's about 4+ hours from now. I'll post later tonight with an update.

Otherwise, thank you for your help thus far.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to finally make the purchase, get the download, and so, everything is settled. Awesome.

Lessons learned - just be patient, wait 24 hours, and call in. :)

Sorry this didn't help.