Buying HD Movies from Xbox

I am not sure if this is in the correct area, but if it isn't then I hope a mod will move it to the correct area.

I have a major complaint. Why is that most movies on Xbox live can only rented for HD but can be bought as SD only, I wanted to buy Some Ice age movies becausue I have not seen all them in very long time. I just bough Ice Age: Continental Drift, but I was hoping to re-catch up on story again.

This is not first time nor will be the last I wanted to watch older movie, but not old enough that I know it wasn't released in HD.
HD movies and many movies anything from 2000 and newer has sooner or later been either played on tv in HD or has been re-released onto Blu-ray. Why are so many the movies on Xbox video still in SD?  This is really is silly,  It's not 1980 or 1990 anymore. VCR and SD Tv are becoming harder and harder to buy.

I understand that not everybody has high speed internet and not everybody want to download 4-10+ gigs of HD video.
But come on Xbox, Stop putting only able buy SD movies when we should be able buy them in HD & SD format too please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

We are limited to what the actual content owner (Studios) will allow us to offer to the customer.  We have no insight into these decisions.

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Chester,

I understand what you are saying. It would be worthwhile to post your feedback on the Feedback forums - that way the appropriate people will be sure to read it and take your feedback on board for their future plans. The Feedback forum can be found here:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.