Buying games for the sake of it?

Do you ever find yourself buying a game you're not really bothered about or that you not too sure about while you wait for other games too come. I haven't bought any games for a long time until I bought Fifa 12. Now I'm waiting for F1 2011 and GoW3 to be delivered and Fifa 12 is boring me for now and I find myself looking at games I wouldn't normally and I have to stop myself from buying games I know I probably won't play. Do you ever find yourself doing this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"Bothered", no. Not initially interested in, yes.

I would never buy a new game that I was not interested in.  But when the price goes below 20USD, then I think it may be worth playing.  I admit that Rage was just to get me by this month before BF3 comes out, but I will not be getting that on launch.

Nope. I rent them. Buying random games has never been something I have done. I only purchase games that will last me for a long time i.e Multiplayer and Free-Roaming Single Player games.

I find myself doing this sometimes.

I had no interest in assassin creed 1 and I bought a used copy just to complete my collection.  I also have a few games I own with like under 5 days played.

I rarely do this, but when I buy a game for the sake of it, I do so using eBay. Normally when I lose interest in the games I have, I can find something decent this way. I tend to hunt out older games for the 360 that I may have missed, or I buy a book. New books cost less than new games, and if what you're reading is decent, then it's a fun alternative, if you can derive pleasure from reading.

Not really, I just tend to do something else. There have been times where I don't turn on my xbox for a long period of time just because whatever else I am into is more fun. Usually around October-November my gaming gets pretty intense and then around April it dies off. I guess it being winter helps with that too.

I'm not going to lie. Buying a game that I am not really interested in sounds like an asinine thing to do. If I am not sure about a game, I Gamefly it.

Yes if the price of the game is crazy low I will give it a shot.  Like anything under a 5er I'll take a shot at cuz worst case is its a coaster lol.  Like the game I am playing now that I got and its pretty good actually.  Got it for free.

Unless it's a $20 or less used game, I won't do that. It's hard to find a "kinda interested" game that won't be worth the small price tag.

I bought GOW3 for the sake of it. I've never played a GOW game before and I'm not regretting my purchase one bit~