Buying digitally from 360 to the one help???

If I buy a game digitally through my Xbox 360 i.e. COD Ghosts do I have to rebuy the game again when i upgrade to my Xbox one or is it a one off purchase like the season passes are?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The chances are you will have to purchase it again unfortunately. The game would technically be for a next-gen console, so the content on the disc's would be much higher quality. So it's likely that you'll have to buy the Xbox One version.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey you should give this link a look community.callofduty.com/.../call-of-duty-ghosts-seamless-next-gen-upgrade-plans This only pertains to COD though. Hope it helps

Sorry this didn't help.

Currently the only game you're able to upgrade to digitally from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One digitally (that's announced) is Call of Duty Ghosts. If you purchase the game via the Xbox LIVE marketplace you should be able to get the Xbox One version of the game for $9.99 + tax digitally as stated via Activisions FAQ here.
[quote]Alternatively, via the Xbox Live Market place, players can also purchase an Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of $59.99. And when ready to upgrade to Xbox One, players can purchase a digital Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of just $10 until March 31, 2014. This also applies to Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition purchases.[/quote]
All the other titles have not announced any sort of plan like this for the Xbox 360 -> Xbox One.

There's deals in retail stores where you trade in your retail copy of the game, and then they give you the Xbox One copy of the game for $9.99 + tax but that's in certain retailers like Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon, Microsoft Store. 

Sorry this didn't help.