Buy a game on secondary console, play on both

I have 2 consoles a primary one (primary) and one I don't use too often (secondary) but I want to buy and play a on-demand game on my secondary and primary. I don't want to license transfer to the secondary because then I will need to be signed in to play my games on my primary, but It doesn't matter if i need to be signed in to play this game I want to buy. If I BUY it from my downloaded account on the secondary what will happen and can I play it on my primary as well? will i need to be signed on on primary or secondary if I buy from secondary?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there,

this is all about licenses, whenever your account buys content, that account can use it on every console as long as the console is connected to xbox live and the account is signed in.

When you buy content the license is also placed on the console where the content is downloaded the first time. Any other profile can use that content as long as the console is connected to xbox live and the license is on the console.

So if you buy the content on the secondary console, your account will be able to use it both on and offline on that secondary console (other profiles only when connected to xbox live).

And your account will be able to use it on the primary console, as long as there is a connection to xbox live.

-

For any further license information and how it works check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

-

Does this answer your question?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks and does the secondary console have to be connected to the internet to play it, because that's the whole point of this since I am only connecting it once so i can download the game.

BASICALLY:

Is there a way to buy a game and be able to play it on my primary and secondary where secondary will not be connected to the internet and will be using an offline profile and primary will be connected.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.