Bungie's Upcoming Release is an MMO

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/04/bungies-new-game-is-an-mmo/ here it is; for those who haven't heard about it. I already knew a long time ago but for those who saw the ViDoc on the Bungie homepage towards the end where they discuss their upcoming project that we'll all see in the years to come is this.

It will be Multiplatform, and my proof is for one when you see on the Bungie homepage "Look for PS3 Programmers". I'm not sure if any of you have discussed this and is old news but I thought I just give a shout out about it.

Any questions? Ask.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's rumored to be an MMO. Notice that article is very old. Bungie have said they were misquoted and simply "joking" with the MMO comments.

So Bungies game might be an MMO. It might not be.

It's all over the Bungie Community. If you watch the ViDoc they were intentionally going to make an MMO before CE instead they had the idea it'd be really awesome for it to be a FPS instead, which of course it was to this day is one of the top games, the whole CE concept was started off of the MMO they were intentionally going to make. Bungie now wants to get back to that and make it, with Activision which will be on Multiplatform since they are with Activision.

I like Bungie now because it's developing games on ps3.

That vidoc was really interesting.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

It was. But they aren't gone. They're just kind of well expanding, with Activison. They still own the rights to Halo, so if they want to come back they sorta can without questioning.

Really risky move working with Activision.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Not really, Activision publishs the games I believe. Bungie makes it. It would be suicidal to let Activision make the games or help make it I guess, but if they are going Multiplatform and are making an MMO I'm pretty sure Activision is what they need for that..

Would Microsoft allow a MMO on Xbox even it is made by Bungie?

Bungie would be all like "MMO."  and MS would be all like "What the eff is that?"

Remember how back in the day many PC gamers scoffed at the idea of a good Console FPS?  And all but me & everyone who had a N64 would most likely think the same thing.

Then 2001 came & Bungie did the unthinkable.

Who's to say what exactly a MMO can be?  Of course I think of WOW or the like, but MMO simply means Massive Online Multiplayer.  I would not put it past Bungie to have some sort of idea/design that could very well be used on Consoles that blurs the lines or shows the nay sayers that the unthinkable can happen.