Bullies, Hackers And Booters

Recently, there seems to have been a rash of hackers who can, will and HAVE booted players offline in the COD Community. I don't know about you, but I've had my fill! Just today, a young gamer joined our private chat, got our IPs, told us he was about to kick us and WHAM, one of us was booted offline! This affected that members entire house!

I've had enough of being harassed online! When will Xbox live be able to take more immediate action?

The same gamer, then, followed us into the next lobby and sent more harassing messages. I have safeguards that make it very difficult to kick me offline but, I shouldn't have to lock down everything on my xboxlive account to avoid being bullied! We all file complaints, etc. but this has had little, if any, effect on the bullies who follow us from lobby to lobby in order to harass us. ANYONE who can do something to FORCE the bullies to stop, please, HELP us out!

If we can't stop the bullies, I have four 360 consoles that, as our accounts run out, will become nothing more than DVD players and receivers because I refuse to be bullied while I'm trying to enjoy playing online games with friends and family!

I'd like to add more detail to this already long post, but I'm not even sure this is the correct forum to "complain" about bullies. I'm hoping someone will direct me to the right place, if this isn't it.

Thank you

Discussion Info

Last updated September 9, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

you can file complaint on them and block them

Just stay away from CoD games...Problem solved.

If you think you were Ddos, which it sounds like you were, contact your ISP. The little kid doesnt know he committed a felony, but he could soon enough. Jut file a report through your ISP.

Hi,

Follow the instructions here on reporting said individuals - http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/26/p/19139/121140.aspx#121140

[quote user="lag comp SUCKS"]

Recently, there seems to have been a rash of hackers who can, will and HAVE booted players offline in the COD Community. I don't know about you, but I've had my fill! Just today, a young gamer joined our private chat, got our IPs, told us he was about to kick us and WHAM, one of us was booted offline! This affected that members entire house!
What he did there is called a DDOS attack and it is illegal in the US and many other countries. It is also something that MS or any other internet service has absolutely no control over as it is initiated from the offenders home network. What you need to do is contact your local police department or FBI and report the cyber crime to them, giving them as much information as possible.

I've had enough of being harassed online! When will Xbox live be able to take more immediate action?
When people learn how to use the tools on their consoles properly and effectively. There is a MUTE button for verbal offenders. There is an ONLINE STATUS for stalking offenders. There is a FILE A COMPLAINT button for ALL offenders. If you aren't using these or the other tools at your disposal then you really have no room for any complaints.

The same gamer, then, followed us into the next lobby and sent more harassing messages. I have safeguards that make it very difficult to kick me offline but, I shouldn't have to lock down everything on my xboxlive account to avoid being bullied! We all file complaints, etc. but this has had little, if any, effect on the bullies who follow us from lobby to lobby in order to harass us. ANYONE who can do something to FORCE the bullies to stop, please, HELP us out!
First you and your friends need to adjust your ONLINE STATUS to friends only, that will keep this offender and future offenders from following you around from lobby to lobby. Then you and your friends need to MUTE the offender so you can't hear him anymore. And lastly you and your friends need to BLOCK COMMUNICATIONS with the offender so he can't send you harassing messages.

You should also know that when you FILE A COMPLAINT against anyone it is not handled right then and there. It can take up to 24 hours before an actual HUMAN reviews it, investigates it and takes the necessary action(s) should any be deemed needed. 

If we can't stop the bullies, I have four 360 consoles that, as our accounts run out, will become nothing more than DVD players and receivers because I refuse to be bullied while I'm trying to enjoy playing online games with friends and family!

If you do that then I certainly hope you don't plan to buy any other gaming consoles. Scum like that isn't just limited to the Xbox 360 or XBL. You find them everywhere.

I'd like to add more detail to this already long post, but I'm not even sure this is the correct forum to "complain" about bullies. I'm hoping someone will direct me to the right place, if this isn't it.

You are correct, there is no forum to complain about any offenders you encounter on XBL. The only viable resource you have to do that is located on your console within the FILE A COMPLAINT button on each and every players card you view. Use that.

Thank you

[/quote]

can someone help me?

Not much you can do besides report them, make sure your private chat's are for friends only and block communication with them all.

We've done everything we can do. If XBL isn't more effective enforcing the TOS by the time my subscription is up, I'm done. And, no, I don't plan to buy anything else (unless Apple produces a gaming console) because, if the one we PAY FOR stinks, I don't even want to think about a free service.

I think this boils down to Microsoft's lack of desire to spend money and get enough staff to handle this problem.

[quote user="lag comp SUCKS"]

I think this boils down to Microsoft's lack of desire to spend money and get enough staff to handle this problem.

[/quote]

Actually, it boils down more to CoD fanboys buying the SAME BROKEN GAME EVERY YEAR, and expecting something different.

Really?? You just entered a conversation and insulted a game and everyone who plays it. What could POSSIBLY inspire you to do this?

This is exactly what we don't need!

WRONG. The gaming community NEEDS to insult crappy games, with crappy service, with crappy Devs/Publishers, and the fanboys that mindlessly buy the same crap every year which just encourages the further making of said crap games.

CoD games, and others, are a detriment to gaming innovation. Why try innovating in games when the sheeple will just buy the same crap year after year? They take the same old turd from last year, spray on some Axe body spray, and call it "new". And the fanboys will line up in droves at midnight to be the first to take a big ole whiff of that new turd smell.