Bug in marketplace, game in wrong language

hi.

i bought fable 3 from the xbox marketplace today, downloaded it and its in french (i am dutch ...)

i downloaded the english voicepack since there was no other option to change the language other than french!

now the audio is in english, but the game controls and tips are still in french, and thus after paying money for it, the game remains unplayable..

how is this even possible, offering non french speaking customers from another country a game in another language they most likely will not understand?

is there a way to get the right copy of the game(english, or at least my own language)??

grtz

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there! I'm sorry for the frustration. What region is your account/game? Can you provide me a link to the game in the marketplace? Mainly what I'm looking for is whether or not the description of the game neglects to advise what language it is in. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi,

yes i do think there must be something wrong with my region, my region is belgium, my language is set as dutch.

when i go to market place it states the game support multiple languages, but when i download i get it in french.

marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5308d6

i went digging alitte deeper and it turns out my billing page on microsoft is in french too, it says as region 'belgique' instead of 'belgium' or 'belgië', thats nuts, they assume im french automatically even tough belgium is 60% dutch speaking officially?

everything else is in dutch, my msn live, my xbox account page etc etc, my xbox 360 is set to right region and language.

Sorry this didn't help.

i just called xbox, there is nothing they can to they told me, i live in belgium and i can only get the game in french and thats final, thats so misleading when the game on marketplace states support for multiple languages.

my country has a dutch speaking part too, and xbox forces people to buy games stating other languages and then forces a download in a language i did not ask for.

i cancelled my live gold account because of it and i am selling my xbox 360 to switch to a ps3, if i cant get my games in english or dutch from xbox, then im sure sony will offer me those without a problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

The link you provided me is to the game in the English-US Marketplace. If I check out the Dutch-Belgium Marketplace page (marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5308d6), I find in the description that the game is only in French.

You can ensure you are seeing the correct information by scrolling to the bottom left of the page, clicking on the country there, and then selecting the proper region from the list (in your case, Dutch Belgium). You can also see the correct information if viewing it from the console.

I'm sorry for the confusion on this. 

Sorry this didn't help.