Brothers to the End Event

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/12/gears-weekend-brothers-to-the-end/  

For those who are familiar with this will it be a TDM to 20 kills? I hope they lower it down to 10 kills.  Boom Snipers so far has been the best weekend event in my opinion, but this seems like it could be a really fun game type with the right partner.  Also double xp weekend across all game types is never a bad thing.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I seriously have not found any of the events to be fun.  And weirdly boomsnipes was my least favorite.  Granted i miss with the boomshot half the time & and i couldnt snipe a person standing directly in front of me to save my life, but still.  I am not holding my breath for liking this 2 on 2.  One team is going to crush the other; be on that team.  I do agree that the number of kills should be lowered or maybe just make it one round.  I look forward to dying constantly in any case.

Is it not gonna be 17 kills bearing in mind when your respawns run out ther only be two of you left but still does seem high for 2 v 2 games are gonna drag on for ever

@Sin Continuum, I will agree that most events I haven't enjoyed or at least haven't played that much. But I like they keep trying new things to appeal to all the types of players out there. I think one team will typically dominate, hopefully it is will be my team.  But the same thing can be said about all versus game types.

[quote user="The Billy Zane"]

@Sin Continuum, I will agree that most events I haven't enjoyed or at least haven't played that much. But I like they keep trying new things to appeal to all the types of players out there. I think one team will typically dominate, hopefully it is will be my team.  But the same thing can be said about all versus game types.

[/quote]Do you think they would do these events even if there wasnt an achievement tied to them?  I have my doubts (maybe an occasional thing, but not consistantly i think).  I partially dont like them because most of the people in them dont care and are only there to get a ribbon.  But to each their own, and i can kind of understand why people do like them.

EDIT: sorry about moving the focus of the thread away from your original question.

I think they have to keep them up every week because of the Medal and I have played a lot of the events solely for that reason.  I just play one match get credit and then go back to playing other game modes.  Which I think a good portion of the gears community do this, but the requirement of playing these event is a good thing in my opinion.  Say you play a game mode because you want the medal, and it turns out you have a great match.  Then your more likely to continue to play it because you tried it.  But if you had no reason to try it then most people would just over look them.

They had Horde events in Gears 2 which were successful, so they built the mechanics into Gears 3 to allow them to do it for all versus modes as well.  I am sure that if a specific weekend event is popular enough it could turn into a permanent playlist, like they did with Alphas.  I just respect Epic for putting in the time and effort to give the best online experience it can to their community. I don't know many development teams that do stuff like this.

Good points all.  I will just say this 2 on 2 thing will point out my inadequacies to a much larger degree than normal :p

That is true, but the reverse could also happen. I find that I can really suck on normal TDM because I can't keep track of all the players and get back sided a lot.  With a good Wingman you can end up doing better than expected.  A good buddy and I dominated on Wingman by one of use downing one guy, and the other back siding the team with a SOS when they pick up their teammate.  Nothing like killing an entire team with one shot.  Teamwork it what makes a good team in Gears not just one or two good players.  

thats what will ruin this event every1 will use retro and sos, ps im all for changes in games and sos has its place in gears (4 me its best used in horde,koth and ctl) but there no fun (or skill) in waiting  the oppenent to get close then sos him atleast with the gnasher up close any1 stands a chance of coming out of top. (also not wanting to start a sos debate just saying 2v2 it will be 2 overpowered)

I have been on the receiving end of this strategy a few times but fighting off a SOS attack is not hard.  This is a tactic that can be countered or exploited and there is skill in that.  Like there is skill in planting a grenade in a strategic spot, and someone gets killed by it two minutes later.  To winning a Gears match you need to keep your  eyes open for traps and stay out of bad situations just as much as you need to be accurate with your weapons.  Rushing people who pick up a downed teammate has been around since day one, the SOS just gives you a bit more bag for your buck, but then again you miss your dead.

If I wanted to play 2v2 I'd play wingman and I hate that gamemode, this sounds dull and would be a total snooze on a large map like sandbar.