Brothers in Arms: Furious 4

This is an atrocious decision by Ubisoft to r@pe the Brothers in Arms serie for the prospect of greater possible revenue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpYe5Fc96KE

Horrible Inglorious Bastards rip off.

Ubisoft should hang its head in shame...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

What's wrong with it exactly?

Looks pretty interesting. Hopefully better than the terrible Hells Highway.

It definitely doesn't look like a title that should bear the Brothers in Arms franchise name, considering that I always believed that the franchise was about telling a deeper story than most war games. Despite only ever playing Hell's Highway I found the franchise interesting due to its continuity across different platforms. It looks like a fun romp through the Third Reich even though it shouldn't really have the name it does, though.

I don't know about this...

UbiSoft has been flopping lately and this is just more proof that they're running out of ideas.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[/quote]

Brothers in Arms was originated to embody the same emotional depth as the Band of Brothers series combined with the tactical element of WW2 combat.

This however should not carry the BIA name and should be a seperate franchise as the only similarity is its WW2 time frame.

[quote user="CYANiDAL187"]

[/quote]

Brothers in Arms was originated to embody the same emotional depth as the Band of Brothers series combined with the tactical element of WW2 combat.

This however should not carry the BIA name and should be a seperate franchise as the only similarity is its WW2 time frame.

[/quote]

How do you know that there is no emotional depth? You don't.

Did Inglorious Bastards have the same emotional depth as Band of Brothers?

I guess you can take my word for it that Furious 4 will be all about cartoon violence and comic relief.

I guess you can take my word for it that Furious 4 will be all about cartoon violence and comic relief.

[/quote]

Didn't watch Inglorious Bastards since both the original and the remake looked terrible, but just because it appears to have inspired Furious 4 doesn't mean the entire game will take after the movie. You don't know there wont be any depth in it just because the debut trailer has some similarities to a movie.

i agree is shouldent be associated with BIA cause it was about the story telling this game might be fun it looks pretty cool but keep it away from BIA

[/quote]

Didn't watch Inglorious Bastards since both the original and the remake looked terrible, but just because it appears to have inspired Furious 4 doesn't mean the entire game will take after the movie. You don't know there wont be any depth in it just because the debut trailer has some similarities to a movie.

[/quote]

Ofcourse one cannot state this with complete certainty since emotional depth is in the eye of the beholder.

However the previous Brother in Arms games had a captivating narrative and gripping dialogue that was unprecedented in a WW2 FPS videogame.

If you have seen Band of Brothers you understand how you really felt you got to know main characters and were devestated by their death.

This is also what made the Brother in Arms videogames unique to me.

I feel with this Furious 4 nonsense ubisoft brought an end to this.

This looks and feels more like a Mercenaries 3 game than a BIA.I loved Hell's Highway i thought it was a awesome game(and the past BIA's as well)Hell's Highway screamed for co-op which it never saw.This is definitely different looking than previous BIA games but one to keep an eye on for sure.