broken online gaming... they can't even fix it with their own recent patches.

rockstar thought they fixed stuff with their recent patch but if you read this link they know they still have problems.

Updated 7PM ET 10/19/13: We are looking into some reports about progress not saving last night and some network issues today affecting Rockstar cloud servers. For more information, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200555488--Updated-10-19-13-Cash-and-RP-not-savin...

Updated 10/20/13 6:00 PM ET: We are continuing to look into some remaining network issues. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will provide further updates as soon as possible.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Firsthand witness to that rubbish!

Never complained about a game. Getting close. I can take all the startup issues. But the payout nerfs are getting dumb. Also, only one property? Getting kinda dumb. Perhaps I need to go back to waiting a year or so to buy a new release.

^Lol great way to save some money.

Still have yet to fix my in-game internet issue that makes it completely inaccessible, even though they stated it had been fixed as of October 7th. I am beginning to lose my patience, and Rockstar is slowly descending from being my top favorite developer.

Payout nerfs for "balance" huh?  They're really pushing for microtransactions aren't they lol.

It's Still Broken as of 10/22/13

I am going to stop playing or just not play for hours and expect anything to save... time for just goofing off since nothing is expected to save.

I do expect Battlefield 4 out of the box to work well online since Dice and EA had almost two weeks of Open Beta Testing... This is something that rockstar should have done... oh well they learn the hard way and stick it to the fans.

[quote user="SUPERHEAVYDOODY"]

Never complained about a game. Getting close. I can take all the startup issues. But the payout nerfs are getting dumb. Also, only one property? Getting kinda dumb. Perhaps I need to go back to waiting a year or so to buy a new release.

[/quote]I thought about the whole year thing for BF4 on next generation consoles.  Why pay $60 and another $50 for premium when you know EA will come out with a premium edition for $40 in a year?  Wait a year and hopefully the bugs are gone and get all the maps at once.  Only bad thing is the game could be nerfed badly after  year and a million patches to download.

Hmm, so when did R* make a game like this? Last year? No, that was GTA: IV. Have they ever made a game like this before? WAIT! THEY HAVEN'T! Always expect hiccups when a gaming company tries something different, especially an MMO-type like this...

It is a bit more complicated than opening up the packaging to a new computer, plugging it in and using it. You are dealing with a network, which will always have some sort of hiccups. Plus, video games deal with coding, which some pesky bugs are bound to go about unnoticed. PATIENCE.

[quote user="LegendOfGta"]

Hmm, so when did R* make a game like this? Last year? No, that was GTA: IV. Have they ever made a game like this before? WAIT! THEY HAVEN'T! Always expect hiccups when a gaming company tries something different, especially an MMO-type like this...

It is a bit more complicated than opening up the packaging to a new computer, plugging it in and using it. You are dealing with a network, which will always have some sort of hiccups. Plus, video games deal with coding, which some pesky bugs are bound to go about unnoticed. PATIENCE.

[/quote]

Its a little process called, testing and its very apparent that Rs skipped the in-house, alpha and beta portions of it for its online portion of the game. 

-

Will we see bugs and network hiccups first few days, sure. should we still see the exact same issues 1 month later and 4 major patches later, nope. 

-

but no no Rs, keep focusing on reducing the missions $$ by half, thats much more important then network stability and actually being able to save my progress. 

They did do testing. If they didn't, then they'd get in a lot of trouble for violating certain laws involving digital media and marketing/business. R* already knew that the servers would be overloaded and congested. They just got around to fixing that, but one reason why the latest patch, 1.04, which is causing further problems came out is because no game developer can think as good as a player. By this, I am referring to the players who found all those neat money glitches, which has caused R* to unleash patch 1.04 and rollback the cash payouts from jobs. No game developer can ever prevent against what the player may discover because we are a consistent, persistent bunch who are always finding new ways to "break the game". Yes; game testers also do this as it is their job, but they are not sitting on their butts cracking every single bug that exists like some of you may think. Instead, they are there to iron out MOST of the GAME-BREAKING glitches and errors that come about. Why do you think these money glitches weren't patched from the beginning? Because R* underestimated gamers once more and because it wasn't a glitch that stopped the game from working.