Broken Game

Hey guys, Basically my xbox was moved when the game was turned off (but apparently the disc didn't stop spinning). I took the disc out and looked at it to find a circular scratch around the disc. This covered the middle portion of the disc. I really miss playing black ops, so I came here in search of help. I tried taking the disc to a local game store (friendly video). I had them clean it for a few bucks, and apparently it doesn't work either. I really can't afford a new game. I haven't been able to play for about 3 months now. I'm getting really tired of halo reach.

So far I can only make it into a lobby. And when I do it begins to load the map, but it doesn't load all the way. On some maps like jungle it stops half way, on others like nuketown it stops when it's almost done.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Yea that sounds broken to me.

You could always take a bunch of your old games to gamestop and trade them in towards a new copy.

you could rent or borrow the game from someone and install it to your hard drive,then put your damaged disc in the machine for normal use.the xbox only reads the security on the disc to prove you have the genuine game as so will use the info that is installed on your machine too actually play the game not your damaged disc.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

you could rent or borrow the game from someone and install it to your hard drive,then put your damaged disc in the machine for normal use.the xbox only reads the security on the disc to prove you have the genuine game as so will use the info that is installed on your machine too actually play the game not your damaged disc.

[/quote]

^This^

If you can get the game to load at all, it should work fine for you. My son's daughter tripped over his ethernet cable and knocked the console on the floor while running. It wouldnt read the disc at all it was so bad. But we installed mine to his hd, and his still works to verify it. It takes him a few tries sometimes, but once it verifies it, he's good until he shuts it down.