Bring Nintendo 64 games to XBLA. So simple...but is it?

We all know it, We all want it...007 Goldeneye, Mario Golf, Mario 64, Yoshi's Island, Mario Party etc. etc.

The questions is, when will Nintendo realise they could be making allot of outsource cash from 64 games through XBLA?

From what i'v seen, the Wii does not utilize this very well, the Wii dashboard shows gaming channels and things like that, but the community is very low in gamers.

It may be the Wii channels arn't user friendly enough (or maybe it's cause of the Wii itself lol).

Either way we miss our 64 games, and would like something done about besides ridiculous remakes like Goldeneye with Daniel Craig...EEEEWWWWW LOL.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wii>Xbox 360.

-

Aside from Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, we will NEVER EVER get a Nintendo 64 exclusive game. Nintendo would never allow it. Besides, why go through all the trouble of setting up a deal with Microsoft so they can sell N64 games on XBLA and get only 30% of the profit when they can just release them on The Wii Marketplace and make 100% of the profit.

-

Plus, more people own a Wii so Wii Marketplace is more money than XBLA.

Most N64 games were developed in house by Nintendo or by a third party developer  for Nintendo.  This limits the number of games possible for release on the arcade, and there is the issue about polishing the games up.  You do bring up a good point about Goldeneye though.  It was technically developed by Rare but I'm not sure about the more complex issues regarding who actually would have the say to bring it to the Arcade.  My advice to you is to go pickup a 3ds or look around for a 64 at a pawn shop or online.

Because Wii does not have enough a of gaming market to make %100 profit. XBL has millions.

Kabocat, thanx for the info yo.

What? The Wii has a MUCH bigger userbase than Xbox.

Wii may have sold more consoles, but XBLA is where its at

Yeah uh... NEVER gonna happen.

Get Nintendo and Microsoft on a meeting together and you'll get the answer faster than a blue hedgehog.

Was the OP born 10 years ago?

Oh boy where do I start....

For one, why in the world would Nintendo allow it's RIVAL and BUSINESS COMPETITOR the chance to profit off of ITS creations?

-

Two, the Wii has nearly twice as many users as the 360 does.

-

Third, Wii's Virtual Console does this plenty well actually, also as older games like N64 are easily downloadable and so people play them through their Wii's without actually purchasing them again off Virtual Console

-

Fourth, if this actually ever did happen Nintendo would be lose money as Microsoft would share in their profits. This is why you don't see Master Chief on a Ps3, Sly Cooper on a Wii and Mario on a 360, it's horrible business and a huge slap in the face from core fans who support you for what only you can bring to the table.