Brawling While in Ebony Mail *Possible Spoilers*

So just a heads up.  Apparently the effect on the armor can sometimes trigger an **** flag and get you in trouble.  It didn't happen to me the first few times I brawled in the armor (mostly inside inns), but when I fought someone in town I got rushed by guards who wanted me to pay for committing ****.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes..

Not to be rude.. but it is kind of obvious.

Ebony Mail has poison effect when in combat..... a Brawl is combat.....

that happened to me, the poison effect counts as magic using.

It emits poison damage to near by enemies, it tells you under the description of the armor... in the game. A good heads up though. I wear light armor anyway so...

Does anyone else find this armor useless?  It is a pian in the butt to shoot enemies with bows while having black clouds right in front of your face.  I think the developers really dropped the ball on this one.

Yeah I don't like it for that smoke effect as well.

But i find it way more sexy than Ebony Armor.

I love the look of it too, but the fact it hurts anyone in combat, even if a friendly brawl, is annoying. You also can't sneak attack anyone with it either as it will damage them then give you away before you can land a hit.

Not for us Archers :) Besides, who sneaks around in Heavy Armor?

[quote user="Crusher X303"]

Yes..

Not to be rude.. but it is kind of obvious.

Ebony Mail has poison effect when in combat..... a Brawl is combat.....

[/quote]

Except for the fact that I was able to brawl just fine inside of an inn without being accused of assault.  So either a glitch in the game or some kind of design flaw in the way the armor determines combat (inside vs. outside).

Someone with the steed stone and all of the sneak perks :P

apparently people in Ebony Mail since it has muffle and shadow to hide you when sneaking.

And as an archer myself it is useless. Smoke effects get in the way.