Brand New XBOX 360 : Game Error

Got the XBOX 360, a week back. Have been playing Fifa 12 the entire week, around 1 hour per day. The Fifa 12 is a new disk, came alongwith the XBOX too. Today I got the game error : Unreadable disk issue. The game starts fine, but as soon as Igo into the exhibition etc match and select teams it pops the errors.

*I tried the official trouble shooter. Cleaned up the disk with soft cloth, dry cloth , damp cloth, slightly wet cloth , rebooted the XBOX, even unplugged it and replugged. Did not work.

*Looked around online and came across the 'Install Game' and play option. Tried that. Game installation worked till 40% and again an error popped up : Cant read the disk.It maybe scratched or dirty. Clean the disk with a soft cloth and try again,

I know this must have been asked a lot of times, but can you guys please assist me in making a good decision. I bought the console from Game UK. Should I return it or replace it. I do not have another disk to see if its just the Fifa 12 CD thats bugging. Is there any other option to try other than cleaning/rebooting. Also I noticed a tiny scratch on the Fifa 12 disk. Had not touched it even once after it went into the console for the first time. Could it be that the console tray is itself scratching my disk.

Also, read a lot of places about the XBOX getting bumped while playing a disk creates an issue. Please assist. Its a brand new XBOX and tomorrow is its day 7. Can/Should I still replace it? Whats the correct choice ??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The console can scratch a disc if it's moved while the disc is in it.  But that scratch is usually a circular scratch around the center.

You could try playing the game without the hard drive in it to see if you still get that error.  Otherwise I would definitely consider returning it to the store for an exchange.  

Make sure you set up the cloud and move your game saves to it before you do that though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.