bounty notice?

do ya get a bounty notice when its completed? Or you just pay the money and assume it happens???

-

some knob being funny so I put 10g on his head, he scrambled and split the session but it said the bounty was still active even though he left.....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

eventually when he gets the balls to get back online someone WILL kill him and you will receive a message from Lester saying that the bounty has been collected

Cool, didn't want to waste the money if they can just leave.

-

I figure if anything, he can get that survive a day award with a bounty on your head out of it ;)

If he survives he keeps the money that you put on him.

^that too. but for that to happen he would heave to refrain from playing the game for 24 hours, and IMHO why worry about it? When someone sets a bounty on me i don't run away from people i run at them and see how many people i can kill before i get killed red dead style, For some reason a majority of people have a 9000 bounty set on them and instantly switch sessions so they can be placed in there garage/apartment and avoid being killed. I guess you don't really have to stop playing for 24 hours just go into a private lobby and just do missions/races/survivals/etc. because bounties aren't active during these

[quote user="DazedHigh"]

^that too. but for that to happen he would heave to refrain from playing the game for 24 hours, and IMHO why worry about it? When someone sets a bounty on me i don't run away from people i run at them and see how many people i can kill before i get killed red dead style, For some reason a majority of people have a 9000 bounty set on them and instantly switch sessions so they can be placed in there garage/apartment and avoid being killed. I guess you don't really have to stop playing for 24 hours just go into a private lobby and just do missions/races/survivals/etc. because bounties aren't active during these

[/quote]

Its not 24 hours.  I know I get $5,000 bounties thrown at me from the CPU in private servers.  There gone if you hang around in the server.  But the time in missions don't count as time spent.  I know cause that one day I did back to back missions nonstop for like 4 hours alone.

Yeah I believe its 30-45 minutes of time in the same lobby, doing jobs just restart the timer.

If they leave the game and join an invite only or closed friends they can just wait out the bounty and bank your 9K. I see it happen a lot. A player gets bounty I go after them and then it says the player left the game.

Its 24 hours in GTA time. About 45 to 50 real time minutes.

I'm going to have to check the actual "in-game" time because I've had bounties set on me before by players just angry they lost in a fight they instigated while trying to get the drop on me for no reason. I've also had bounties set on me by "unknown" while in random servers by myself or with friends (guessing the AI). Each time it's only been about one day or night cycle in-game and I then pocketed the cash for surviving. It's not really long at all.

Several things I've learned from playing online however... 1) I don't waste cash on "passive" mode. It's useless and like playing the state lotto. You pay the cash to be "safe" yet it disables your ability to protect yourself. It does however, allow any other player to trash you either by blowing up the vehicle you're riding in, or running you over. By the time you manage to switch out of passive mode to defend yourself, you're already exiting the hospital after having died. 2) I don't waste cash on "bounties" either. Placing a bounty on an experienced players head (or generally someone with common sense at the least) is like handing over your cash to them after they disrespected you online. Why would you pay them on top of the humiliation you experienced? These players more often than not will skip the session and hide out in their apartments sipping green juice or gin and wait out the bounty for the night until they get paid from your hard earned (well, ok, clearly stolen) cash.

Instead what I do is if a player trashes me to the point that I feel the need for "retribution"...I simply wait a small time for that players "dot" to be near other player dots, then casually speak into the headset (as if talking to a friend in game) something along the lines of "Yeah I just saw [gamers tag here] hit that armored truck too! That's the third one he's hit. He's carrying about $50,000 in cash. He's crazy for not going to the bank with that..."  I then sit back and watch as all the lil' dots in the area (who think they've over-heard something they weren't meant to hear) begin to converge on said gamers location and trash the hades out of him like a scene from "Smoking Aces". It's rather effective, especially when you say it casually as if you just witnessed them score big, or are just randomly talking as if one of said players friends. The best part is most players just keep coming after the player completely ignoring the fact that said player has already been killed at the least six times by others. And all at no more cost to me other than saying a few words of misinformation into the mic lol.

...Of course I could simply go after them myself but this is much more satisfying and adds extra burn to their biscuits.

don't even need an ATM, just use the website on your phone, makes its beyond easy to get ride of any cash on hand quick, anywhere, I only carry $500 at a time.