Bouncing Betty's

Hey guys/gals just was wondering if anybody out there could give me a few tips/tricks on how to best use bouncing betty's when using them i just usually throw them either just inside a door or in the middle of a busy street that i know enemy's are gonna be walking down but still i hardly get many if any kills with them so with that being said what's the best way to use em'? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Betty's in this game are useless. In World at war they were very effective.

Bouncing Bettys have a blinking red light that looks like a light house.  You can see it from far away and it is the first thing you notice while running/walking.  Just like claymores have those two laser lines, you want to put them NOT in the middle of something but like in on the either side of entrances etc.  So the enemy does not know it is there.  PLUS there is a slight delay (bouncing up and then exploding) so you have to account for that. You put them where the person would walk instead of run and so they do not see it at first.

I put them behind boxes, or up against the wall right inside the door so when the person enters it will be behind them. I find them rather effective except when it seems almost everyone is running with stalker(or whatever that perk that delays them is called)

I usually average about 3-5 kills per game with them. I play FFA not sure if maybe that helps a little all the chaos that is going on all the time.

They are best used in objective games like HQ IMHO. Even if they don't kill anybody they still slow HQ recovery.

Steps and corners.  Anywhere the bad guys are most likely to slow down.

You have to take into account the delay from them being triggered, to them exploding.  A lot of people seem oblivious to the red ring of doom that marks a betty, so I've had success with placing them in wide open areas like at either endge of the bridge on Village.

Somewhere where the ground isn't level is even.  Like at the top of stairs or something.  Tricks people and keeps them from laying down to avoid the blast.

-

Also, I just want to say these Bettys are really well-balanced, whereas the ones in World at War killed me through walls and doors many times.

Definetly objective based gameplay is where it works the best. CTF just throw it on the flag, DOM popular routes to B, and like the many great suggestions above.

agree. they were awesome in WAW.

I throw one down right around a corner from our teams current spawn point where I think the enemies will be coming from. Seems to be effective when people aren't using Stalker. I get a few kills with them each match. As long as I remember to toss one down. I'm only using these until I get the claymores unlocked.