bought passes on diiferent account

hi i bought online passes on a diffferent account and that account doesntt work any more if i made a new account would the online passes work because i got no money at all and if they dont i would have to wait like 5 years to re-buy the passes so yeah.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi, unfortunately, content licenses can only be transferred to different consoles, but must remain tied to the account that originally bought them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

everything i had on that account that i downloaded is sill on my xbox so would it then?

Sorry this didn't help.

It depends.  If the content is DLC, such as map packs, or downloaded games, other accounts that are on the same Xbox that the content was originally downloaded on have access to the content.  However, things like online passes (Codes that come with new versions of some games to access multiplayer) are tied to the account that redeemed them.

As an aside, I don't know your full situation, but if your old account "doesn't work any more" because it was banned, I would think twice about trying to game the system by getting your online passes to work with a different account.  You could face larger penalties than you already have.  I'm not a Microsoft employee, or have anything to do with Xbox LIVE enforcement, but that's just what I would be thinking.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok thank you

Sorry this didn't help.