What is the content you are trying to download? Trying to redownload everything from Old Console - Mortal Kombat vs DCU (GOD) - Backbreaker (GOD) - Ghostbusters (GOD) - Fight Night Champion (GOD)
What error code or message are you receiving? For these items above I am receiving Can't Download messages at about 5 or so %, For arcade titles all "seem" to be downloading but get to 80% and then say complete which is confusing me as to why this is happening?
What region is your account? Australian
What region do you physically live in? Australia
Ping - 45ms
Download - 6.07 Mbps
Upload - 0.32Mbps
Ok so here goes… Sorry if it is long but I am being as detailed as possible as I want this problem fixed ASAP
I decided to buy a new 4gb xbox 360S kinect pack a little while back so I could have a larger hdd and the newer model (I gave my old xbox to a mate and I had also already bought a 320gb xbox official hdd from target to use in the new console). So I turned on my console and after the initial setup I recovered my gamertag and transferred all my licenses over to this console. I then attempted to download my first item “Max Payne 3” (god) and realised I hadn’t inserted the 320gb hdd. So I turned everything off and then opened the console and inserted the hdd and turned on the new xbox 360. I then proceeded to download all of my content again. I originally queued the items up and was going to leave the console on to download but had been told that I could set it so that when I turned it off the items would continue downloading. So I queued everything up and turned off the console. It continued to download overnight and everything seemed fine. When I checked it the next morning it was already off. The games had downloaded though when I looked through them some were missing. I tried to redownload them but they kept getting to a certain point and saying cannot download (For some it was 5% others it was 1%). I looked online and read about the incomplete downloads and completed the following steps
1) Went to settings and deleted the incomplete files and tried some again (Didn’t Work) – Files were Backbreaker (god) – Mortal Kombat vs DCU (god) – Ghostbusters (god) and Fight Night Champion (god)
2) I then completed the steps in the forums (cleared caches, cleared incomplete – started downloads again). None of those listed above worked with each stopping at some point along the download.
3) I retried another title that had failed Shank (arcade) and left it on while I was in the other room. I came back and it seemed like it had downloaded fine. So I retried the four games listed above again. This didn’t work.
4) I then decided to try the code for Star Wars III Lego that came with the hdd. The code was accepted and the download started only to stop after a few percent and tell me that it cannot be downloaded
5) I tried to download something else to see what would happen and redownloaded a trial game (Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise). This game downloaded but finished at 80% complete. However I tried the game and it seemed to be ok
6) I then downloaded Mensa Academy (trial) and the new Dead Space 3 Demo and both got to 80% complete and said they had been downloaded (Never downloaded either before this)
7) I then tried to download Mars Rover Landing which I had never had downloaded either and it said cant download after a few percent also
8) Here I got desperate to know what the hell was wrong and so formatted everything to start again. Once I had formatted I recovered my account and started fresh. I tried Lego Star Wars II and it failed at 5% again. I then tried redownloading NHL 3 on 3 and it got to 80% complete and said the item had been downloaded. I tried playing it and it seems to work, but still I have issues with the other stuff.
9) Turned everything off again and took out 320gb hdd. Turned xbox back on and added profile to 4gb hdd. Redownloaded MLB tv and it worked… seemed to hang up at 80% but then kept going and made it to 100% and was fine… Then tried Limbo and it went to 80% and said completed download L
10) Ran around house cursing at how something so simple has turned into such a pain and ruined the last few days of my holidays! Amazingly this didn’t help either…
I am at my wits end as to how all this new official xbox equipment which I bought merely to upgrade is causing so many issues. Why is this occurring?
Just to recap… Here are the things I have done
1) Tried deleting partial files and redownloading
2) Tried deleting partial files, clearing system caches and redownloading
3) Tried deleting partial files, clearing system caches and clearing marketplace cache and redownloading
4) Resetting network (I am using an all in one modem/router which I am connected to with an Ethernet cable) – And I have never had issues at all with this as I downloaded all the stuff in my account on my other xbox this way originally
5) Formatting and starting from scratch
6) Removed the 320gb hdd and tried everything on the 4gb drive (everything I could fit) – MLBtv downloaded 100% - Limbo downloaded 80% and said completed – BACKBREAKER (god) got to 5% flashed as if it was back at 0% then showed 6% and then 0% and then 6% and then 0% and then 100% saying it cant be downloaded
I haven’t spent a fortune on my xbox and love it and have over 200 retail releases many of which I still haven’t played… plus 10 Games On Demand titles and 37 arcade titles but am not happy at the moment as this new xbox has just been a pain. Please help