Bought New Console and Transferred Licenses but having Issues with some Games On Demand Titles and Arcade Titles Download to 80% and then say Complete

What is the content you are trying to download? Trying to redownload everything from Old Console - Mortal Kombat vs DCU (GOD) - Backbreaker (GOD) - Ghostbusters (GOD) - Fight Night Champion (GOD)

What error code or message are you receiving? For these items above I am receiving Can't Download messages at about 5 or so %, For arcade titles all "seem" to be  downloading but get to 80% and then say complete which is confusing me as to why this is happening?

What region is your account? Australian  

What region do you physically live in? Australia

Ping - 45ms

Download - 6.07 Mbps

Upload - 0.32Mbps

Ok so here goes…  Sorry if it is long but I am being as detailed as possible as I want this problem fixed ASAP

I decided to buy a new 4gb xbox 360S kinect pack a little while back so I could have a larger hdd and the newer model (I gave my old xbox to a mate and I had also already bought a 320gb xbox official hdd from target to use in the new console).  So I turned on my console and after the initial setup I recovered my gamertag and transferred all my licenses over to this console.  I then attempted to download my first item “Max Payne 3” (god) and realised I hadn’t inserted the 320gb hdd.  So I turned everything off and then opened the console and inserted the hdd and turned on the new xbox 360.  I then proceeded to download all of my content again.  I originally queued the items up and was going to leave the console on to download but had been told that I could set it so that when I turned it off the items would continue downloading.  So I queued everything up and turned off the console.  It continued to download overnight and everything seemed fine.  When I checked it the next morning it was already off.  The games had downloaded though when I looked through them some were missing.  I tried to redownload them but they kept getting to a certain point and saying cannot download (For some it was 5% others it was 1%).  I looked online and read about the incomplete downloads and completed the following steps

1)  Went to settings and deleted the incomplete files and tried some again (Didn’t Work) – Files were Backbreaker (god) – Mortal Kombat vs DCU (god) – Ghostbusters (god) and Fight Night Champion (god)

2)  I then completed the steps in the forums (cleared caches, cleared incomplete – started downloads again).  None of those listed above worked with each stopping at some point along the download. 

3)  I retried another title that had failed Shank (arcade) and left it on while I was in the other room.  I came back and it seemed like it had downloaded fine.  So I retried the four games listed above again.  This didn’t work.

4) I then decided to try the code for Star Wars III Lego that came with the hdd.  The code was accepted and the download started only to stop after a few percent and tell me that it cannot be downloaded

5) I tried to download something else to see what would happen and redownloaded a trial game (Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise).  This game downloaded but finished at 80% complete.  However I tried the game and it seemed to be ok

6) I then downloaded Mensa Academy  (trial) and the new Dead Space 3 Demo and both got to 80% complete and said they had been downloaded (Never downloaded either before this)

7)  I then tried to download Mars Rover Landing which I had never had downloaded either and it said cant download after a few percent also

8)  Here I got desperate to know what the hell was wrong and so formatted everything to start again.  Once I had formatted I recovered my account and started fresh.  I tried Lego Star Wars II and it failed at 5% again.  I then tried redownloading NHL 3 on 3 and it got to 80% complete and said the item had been downloaded.  I tried playing it and it seems to work, but still I have issues with the other stuff.

9)  Turned everything off again and took out 320gb hdd.  Turned xbox back on and added profile to 4gb hdd.  Redownloaded MLB tv and it worked… seemed to hang up at 80% but then kept going and made it to 100% and was fine… Then tried Limbo and it went to 80% and said completed download L

10)  Ran around house cursing at how something so simple has turned into such a pain and ruined the last few days of my holidays! Amazingly this didn’t help either…

I am at my wits end as to how all this new official xbox equipment which I bought merely to upgrade is causing so many issues.  Why is this occurring?

Just to recap… Here are the things I have done

1)  Tried deleting partial files and redownloading

2)  Tried deleting partial files, clearing system caches and redownloading

3)  Tried deleting partial files, clearing system caches and clearing marketplace cache and redownloading

4)  Resetting network (I am using an all in one modem/router which I am connected to with an Ethernet cable) – And I have never had issues at all with this as I downloaded all the stuff in my account on my other xbox this way originally

5)  Formatting and starting from scratch

6)  Removed the 320gb hdd and tried everything on the 4gb drive (everything I could fit) – MLBtv downloaded 100% - Limbo downloaded 80% and said completed – BACKBREAKER (god) got to 5% flashed as if it was back at 0% then showed 6% and then 0% and then 6% and then 0% and then 100% saying it cant be downloaded

I haven’t spent a fortune on my xbox and love it and have over 200 retail releases many of which I still haven’t played… plus 10 Games On Demand titles and 37 arcade titles but am not happy at the moment as this new xbox has just been a pain.  Please help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd take the hard drive back and get another one. After that I would call support (because a license transfer can only be done once every four months) to see if they could help.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to check something here, when you cleared the cache did you do it as

1) delete the incomplete file

2) cleared the cache

3) power off the system {I would turn the download while in standby/off setting off before clearing the cache for this}

4) restarting and trying the download again one at a time

--also if your not already be LAN lined to your Internet and not wireless.

All these steps usually fix incomplete downloads for me

Sorry this didn't help.

do you have telsa internet?

it could be yout isp

the way to fix it is easy

turn off your router andnmodem for 3-5mins then turn them on

then try redownloading

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried everything that you have asked here (armoredmouse & ngocphi)  and I detailed that all in my post. ArmoredMouse - I had already tried these (what I've done steps 1-3 above and 4 states I've been using an Ethernet cable which is LAN)

Ngocphi - I have done this but it does not work (what I've done step 4)

I didn't just post as soon as something went wrong like most people do and wasted an entire day and a half trouble shooting before I posted this.  As I said above I have tried everything and am now in the process of taking video of each download in case that helps the people from xbox support sort out WHAT the problem is

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kiss! Thanks for the detailed post! I think Brandiesel might be on to something. Before returning the hard drive though, you could try testing to see if this is the cause. Try removing the hard drive (with the console off) and then use a different one, either another Hard Drive or a USB device. Try downloading a couple things there and see how it goes. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mister Gwyther,

Thanks for the reply.  So I went and got a new xbox 320gb hard drive from the shops.  I plugged it in and started from scratch... again... I downloaded some items that worked.... only small ones again like MLB tv and some of my arcade titles (mortal kombat arcade... super meat boy)... but noticed that when i downloaded them the counts were jumping all over the place... one second it would be at 56% and the next at 73%... So I watched the modem/router again because I was starting from scratch and noticed that when I tried to download certain things the modem lights were not flashing at certain points (ie no activity)... So after some more trying I received an error code

It was 807b01f4.  This was the first and only time I ever received this message.  I signed everything out and started again… :(  And it had issues again… No error code but still issues…. I think I have deleted caches hundreds of times now and it is not doing anything.

So I called my ISP... We did every test under the sun and still came out with the fact that when my line was tested I am getting similar results to these from before

Download - 6.07 Mbps

Upload - 0.32Mbps

I think this time it was like 5.95 Mbps when she got me to check it.  I then plugged my laptop in and started using that and it seems fine.  I also unplugged all the phones etc in our house and just had the modem/router plugged in and it was no different… As before… any games on demand titles had issues and the arcade titles downloaded (Though they did so with the jumping issues and reasonably slowly).  

As for games on demand.... I cannot get any of them that i have tried to download now...

Mars Rover (Can't Download - this was a new freebie i tried)

Lego Star Wars III (Can't Download - doesnt even make it to 1% and stops - this was a code from new hard drive so not a transferred license)

Backbreaker (Can’t Download – gets to 5% then flashes as if it is 0% and alternates between 5% and 0% a bit and then states 6% and then fails)

I just downloaded stacking again and it got to 80% and then went 93% - 99% - 100% stacking downloaded in a few seconds (Why does this happen and will there be any issues in the future for these games that downloaded this way?)

Also as this is a brand new console (Ive had it since thursday!) I decided to chuck in Halo 4 and see if the matchmaking would work.  I opted to download the maps even though I have disc 2 just to see if the issues I was having were based on file size… That is at 6% at the moment and seems ok… Fingers crossed…  Before I got to post this it jumped 15%-17%-22%-23% and then the modem lights stopped flashing (so connection to DSL and internet but no activity)  however download has kicked on and is at 26% and counting up again as I type this…

All I wanted was a cool new xbox after all the money i have spent on games... And before the new one comes out… spewing all this has occurred as work starts Tuesday so I wont even get to play the damn thing… :(

Sorry this didn't help.

So war games just completed and I tried playing halo online and it seemed to work fine after a required update

Sorry this didn't help.

Now have issues where the console wont even stay connected to xbox live... So clearly not the second brand new hdd... Some items do ok... some dont... Xbox is touchy and seems to be connecting and doing things when it feels like it... Man... I love my xbox but this has ruined the end of my holidays... Back to work tomorrow and instead of playing Halo 4 online ive been talking to my ISP and xbox support since thursday... Support is looking into it as my claim has been escalated... I appreciate everyone's attempts to help and hope that they actually fix this so I can get back to playing!

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh man, what the heck!  That is definitely not a good way to end your break.  But it sounds like Phone Support has someone looking into the issue deeper for you?  Please let us know how that goes.  I want to see this get taken care of.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tell me about it! Back to work AND xbox issues... my xbox keeps me sane, Phone support have said someone will get back to me by Thursday and if not to call Friday. Thanks for the message and I will let you know how it goes as I want this taken care of too... I spend so much on my xbox and even bought a brand new one just so I could give a mate one... And now his works perfectly and mine doesn't...

Sorry this didn't help.