Bought Microsoft Points, but does not work

I just recently bought some Microsoft Points from GameStop and wanted to redeem them before I forgot, but when I tried it said it wasn't valid. Can anyone help or have this problem to help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I would contact support as it may be an issue with the code or something on your account preventing it.

You can contact through requesting a call using the following link: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Or by calling 1-800-4-MY-XBOX

Support can look up the code and make sure its activated, it could also be a problem with the region for the code and the region on your account not matching

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the points may not have been activated and support is going to tell you to take the card back to the store and have them "activate" them or get new ones

Sorry this didn't help.

Good day,

The first thing you should try and do is take the card back to the store from where you bought it and ask them to activate it again.

If that doesn't work contact Xbox LIVE support using this link; support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

They can see if it's activated, the problem might also be that there is a decline or a mistake in your billing information so I suggest you double check it; support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-account-management

Sorry this didn't help.