Bought Fallout 3 but when I try to download it Xbox wants me to by it again

I bought Fallout 3 4/20/12 but Xbox doesn't show I bought it. Called support hey can see I bought it and the game is active but if I want it I need to buy it again and once they confirm I have bought it and the license is on my account they will refund my account but the money will be out of my account for a minimum of 72 hours. I have no idea why they can not credit my account the $14.99 so i can just buy it again. So after 2 hours and 2 minutes mostly on hold the best they can do is call me back. Has anyone else had this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello,

Normally, you can download items from your download history for no additional charge. Make sure the item is in your download history. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE.
  2. Go to settings, and then select Account.
  3. Select Download History.
  4. Select the item in your download history and select Download Again.

Note If an item does not appear in your console’s download history, it may have been purchased using a different Xbox LIVE account. To see what you purchased on your Xbox LIVE account, please see Check your Xbox LIVE bill.

If an item appears in your download history with the option to Buy Now, try the solutions below.

Solution 1: Restart your console

Restart your console and sign back into Xbox LIVE. If the item in your download history still appears with Buy Now, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Purchase the item again (you should not be charged)

Go ahead and choose the Buy Now option to download the item again. Even though it seems like you’ll be charged again, you should not be charged any additional points because you’ve already purchased the content.

To make sure that your Xbox LIVE account was not billed a second time, check the amount of Microsoft Points that you have at billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx. Recent purchases are shown at the bottom of this webpage.

If you see a duplicate charge on your Xbox LIVE account, contact Xbox Support. See the Assistance section at the bottom of this page for more information:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-xbox-live-content#85e40a2e2f4042e5805a73efffd28f47

Xbox Community Ambassador

If you have found my post to be helpful & if you like my post, then please click the like button below!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.