Bored of Cod

seriously who cares about mw3..same old same old..messed up balancing..stupid 25 kill streak rubbish..care packages nukes blah blah..hacked to death unplayable..useless patches..little kids..too arcade like...*** on guys..apart from cod4 at the time they have been terrible..all that hype then all that let down..arent u fed up with these games yet?..i can sense the fanboys approaching.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would probably buy a new CoD if there was a new engine; I'm sure other people would too. And Assvision says it's counter-productive...

[quote user="SoaringGosling9"]

BFBC1, frostbite engine, 1943, Frostbite engine updated, BFBC2, frostbite 1.0 with destruction 2.0. BF3 new engine Frostbite 2.0  Cod has used the same engine for 6 years, that's the life of the 360 console, they used the same engine that CoD2 on the original xbox used. yet they have all this money from people buying CoD4 expansion packs for 60 dollars a pop. you rebuild a new engine because the one from 6 years ago is outdated. but i guess Codpieces are happy with the same garbage they played the first time around in 2007, so happy they'll pay full price for an expansion pack in a new box, then 15 bucks a pop for "throw back maps" that they also played in 2007. CoD fans are the Luddites of gaming.

[/quote]There is also Halo: Reach that tweaked nearly every aspect of the Halo 3 engine, Gear of War 3 that certainly looks better than Gears 2, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that is using an entirely new engine all together.

The Call of Duty series NEEDS a new engine. Otherwise, we just get the same game.

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

I feel as though that why cant it because only one since then it was so.

[/quote]

What he said.

[quote user="Sir FireKnight7"]

Yes I am a little tired of CoD. This is why I'm doing something called Battlefield Month on my YouTube Channel. It's a way to give myself a break from the "same old same old" After June is over. Back to CoD4 with me until BF3 comes out.

[/quote]

So how is BF not the same ol same ol? Lol, right, now you can destroy treeeees!

[quote user="Trenticle"]

What's with everyone complaining about engines?  Why would you rebuild an entire new engine from bottom up this far into the console's life cycle?  You do realize there hasn't been a good FPS title in years with a brand new engine?

I will be lining up at midnight.  If I get half the time on MW3 as I spent on Black Ops, it will be money well spent.  I won't be doing it for the zombies though, I am more of a multiplayer type of person.  

[/quote]

see shadow's post as evidence...but you do realize that is a completely false statement right?

and yes, i'd like that. a new engine means new things, more originality, less of the same thing everytime. it's how a series helps to breath new life into a dying "farm".

it takes more time and money to do, but in the end, it means a better product when done correctly.

and there won't be zombies, this isn't a TA title.

also, into the console's cycle? there will not be a new xbox released for several more years(2014-15), from microsoft's own mouth.... i'd say that's plenty of new time for a  game series to change. a game engine has nothing to do with the console cycle as you used it, btw...

BFBC1, frostbite engine, 1943, Frostbite engine updated, BFBC2, frostbite 1.0 with destruction 2.0. BF3 new engine Frostbite 2.0  Cod has used the same engine for 6 years, that's the life of the 360 console, they used the same engine that CoD2 on the original xbox used. yet they have all this money from people buying CoD4 expansion packs for 60 dollars a pop. you rebuild a new engine because the one from 6 years ago is outdated. but i guess Codpieces are happy with the same garbage they played the first time around in 2007, so happy they'll pay full price for an expansion pack in a new box, then 15 bucks a pop for "throw back maps" that they also played in 2007. CoD fans are the Luddites of gaming.

What's with everyone complaining about engines?  Why would you rebuild an entire new engine from bottom up this far into the console's life cycle?  You do realize there hasn't been a good FPS title in years with a brand new engine?

I will be lining up at midnight.  If I get half the time on MW3 as I spent on Black Ops, it will be money well spent.  I won't be doing it for the zombies though, I am more of a multiplayer type of person.  

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

[quote user="RichRocks"]

seriously who cares about mw3..same old same old..messed up balancing..stupid 25 kill streak rubbish..care packages nukes blah blah..hacked to death unplayable..useless patches..little kids..too arcade like...*** on guys..apart from cod4 at the time they have been terrible..all that hype then all that let down..arent u fed up with these games yet?..i can sense the fanboys approaching.

[/quote]

Ummmm, how you know its not balanced? What 25 KSR, news of none have been released. Its been hacked already? What patches (and what useless ones)? Does the fortune telling business pay well, because NOTHING you mentioned in the post has happened yet  <--------------I did say yet, nonetheless, LOL.

[/quote]

lets hope it is. i really would like a good Cod out there. But the trailers look the same as MW,and MW2, killstreaks, the same engine as last year, and the year before that x4.... MW3 is just another CoD4 expansion pack. i would hope other wise, but as long as 'little timmy' gets mom and dad to shell out 60 bucks for the exact same formula over and over, why would they change? for the zombies that are going to line up at midnight for another sad installment of  "thanx for your money"

I feel as though that why cant it because only one since then it was so.

^^Ive heard COD4 has it bad right now too. How come M$ Jtag patches keep BOs cleared out but not other M$ games like W@W and COD4?