Borderlands question

Whatsup guys, just a quick question. Me and two friends are picking up Borderlands to play the campain in coop. I was just wondering. If I choose a character in my singleplayer game and my friend happens to have chosen the same character, can we still both play as that character in a coop game? Or would one of us be forced to choose an alternate character? Thanx !

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can both play as the same character, there's no limit on how many of the same character there can be.

Also watch out for people using modded weapons. If a guy comes into your lobby and starts 1 hitting everything or his pistol is spraying grenades, it's a modded weapon and you should kick him immediately, they ruin the fun very quickly and there are a lot of them. That was the main reason I stopped playing Borderlands.

We plan to play the campain just the 3 of us in a private coop (if that's possible) so cheaters shouldn't be a problem. Thanx for the heads up man..

Me and a  friend were farming MINAC to get the last collectible achievement when a random modder dropped into the game because I  forgot to set it as private. When he capped MInac he started challenging us to deuls. His modded sheild was over 10,000 and he stomped my friend, butwhen he tried me he went down to one shot from my sniper as I had maxed out my Bypass shields skill. I'm sure he freaked out over that.

[quote user="FEARecon"]

If a guy comes into your lobby and starts 1 hitting everything or his pistol is spraying grenades, it's a modded weapon and you should kick him immediately, they ruin the fun very quickly and there are a lot of them. That was the main reason I stopped playing Borderlands.

[/quote]

That is not entirely true. If a high level character goes into a low level characters game then his/her weapons would do more damage because they are stronger. It doesn't always denote a modded weapon.

OP here is a link to help you determine what weapons are legit and what are modded should you trade weapons with other players.

Borderlands Wiki