Borderlands 2 download stuck at 16%

I bought Borderlands 2 on December 17th, the money was subtracted. The game gets stuck in 16% every time I try downloading. I cleared the cache and even deleted the game and start over several times. I even went as far as formatting the HDD. Keeps getting stuck at 16%.

Does anyone know how to solve it or what may be the cause? As far as I know I am not the only one with this issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Bump. I just bought Bioshock Infinite and the game just does even get to 1%. I was going to buy UMVC3 and The walking dead but I am afraid this may happen. Help anyone? Please?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried again with U. Marvel vs Capcom 3. on a different Xbox. Stuck at 0%. I think I am done with Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

So, I know nobody is even answering but I just want to keep you updated. I called in to support and they were not able to help me after 2 hours and 40 minutes on the phone. I decided to format my HDD so I did; I was able to redownload all my arcade games and add-ons, but now I am unable to download any of my games on demand previous nor new purchases...

Any ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

It seems you've tried everything I/we would normally suggest. You said as much in the other thread.

After the HDD formatting you may need to perform a licence transfer to get it to allow the 'new' hard drive to download the games, but I'm not entirely sure and I would hold off on that for now, at least until we get this other underlying issue resolved.

As for what you said in the other thread, it is indeed curious everyone gets stuck at 16% exactly. This potentially points to a larger issue than account-specific.

Could you possibly get in touch with Gearbox Software and/or 2K Games about this and see if the download getting stuck at 16% is a known issue and what fixes they suggest?

Some questions we normally ask though, before you do so, which could point towards something else:

• Has this ever happened before? (If so, with what content or type of content?)
  • Have you previously had problems downloading games? Specifically Games on Demand.
  • Is your billing information up to date on https://commerce.microsoft.com? Does it match what is on file at https://account.live.com?
  • Does your physical location match your account's region?

Let us know the answer to these, and if nothing here seems wrong, go ahead and contact Gearbox/2K and we can see if there's anything we can do from here.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried everything suggested. I've tried with different internet connections and even different consoles. Now  I am left with no games on demand, all my arcade games work fine though. Thanks a lot for your help. If anything else comes to your mind that I can try, please let me know.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are other Games on Demand also not working for you?

Did you ever get the chance to contact 2K and/or Gearbox about this? The fact that there were several downloads cancelling at that point specifically (I saw the other threads too) seems far too coincidental.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.