Borderlands 2 Add-on Content (Assassin Madness Pack)

I have been troubleshooting for days now on various sites, however I have found nothing on how to fix this problem. The problem being that the downloaded add-on content registered in game and then suddenly locked up with an "*" next to it, as if I had not purchased/downloaded it. I have tried re-downloading this add-on content several times to no avail. I would like to request that this issue be fixed, or that some arrangement can be made to correct this inconvenience. Thank you, -Knightmare79-

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that you delete the DLC in question from your hard drive (maybe also clearing your cache). The existing DLC file might create problems for the new download?

And if the normal download in game or the Xbox menu doesn't work, then maybe you can download it trough your download history on Xbox.com which you can find under "My Account". Don't know if you went trough these steps already but hope it works for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have already tried the marketplace, download history, and the gearbox marketplace in game. None of those choices have worked to solve the issue. I "would" delete the dlc content, if it actually showed up in the storage for that game, the closest thing to it is listed as costumes. But will that fix it, I have no clue, and I'd rather not take the chance of losing everything to get one item. All the same the Assassins Madness pack contains my favorite helmet for the game. I don't me to sound like I just want to complain, I just want answers as to why it won't work, and hopefully a solution that "will" fix it without a doubt. There must be something I'm missing, as I've tried all the other ideas besides deleting the 15mb costumes file, as I don't know what will happen, and I'd like verification before doing so.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Knightmare,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with that DLC.

Just to clarify:

• Which skin from the pack are you having issues with?
  • When you redownload the DLC from each of those places the skin is still showing "*" next to it in game?
  • Where are you seeing "costumes"? Is that the exact name of it?

We're definitely happy to work with you to figure out exactly what's happening. I just want to make sure we're understanding exactly what you're seeing.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having trouble with the Assassin Madness Pack from Borderlands 2. The skin and head names are "Nature of Fear"(Skin) and "Murder of Cr0ws"(head).

Yes, each time I've tried downloading the Assassin Madness Pack, the asterisk"*" is still shown next to the content I downloaded, which then prevents me from using it. As well as when I try to by selecting it, it then forwards me to download it again while in game.

The name of the costumes file is actually named "Costume Pack", it is located on my hard drive storage, under Games and Apps, stored in the Borderlands 2 game.

(As a side note to this, I would like to know if compatibility packs may interfere with the dlc content. I have all the compatibility packs, should I ONLY have the latest? Will having the others create an issue?)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Knightmare,

Just double checked, that is the save name of the Madness skin pack.  I'm not sure if the compatibility packs would cause a conflict but I know that you can have just the most recent one and still play fine.

Before you try these steps, you may want to double check that you show the Costume Pack in your Download History. I would recommend trying:

1. Deleting the compatibility packs and the Costume Pack from your storage device
  2. Clear your system cache
  3. Restart your console
  4. Redownload your profile
  5. Download the DLC from the in-game store or your Download History

Let us know if you're still showing the asterisk next to those skins and we'll work from there.

Sorry this didn't help.