Bootleg help??

Don't get the title wrong, it's not me who has bootlegged, but there is someone on my friends list (Who I DON'T know personaly) who I found playing Syrim today. (A game which is not even out!)

I filed a complaint, but isnt this a bigger deal?? I mean, that's pirating, not to mention he asked if I was wanting to buy a copy, obviously noting that he has many more copies he's selling off for his own profit.

My question is, can't I do more to bring this to justice? Like, can't thier account be suspended for life for this?

I am a BIG Elder Scrolls fan, and this angers me as I am waiting paciently like everyone else for the game to come out. >:(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

All you can do is report. If he is using a modded console, it will be eventually banned. 

However, it is entirely possible that he may have gotten a pre-release copy of the game. Game journalists have already received their titles and/or the person may know someone/someplace that broke street date for the title - unless you have solid proof that its bootlegging, that person may have just gotten lucky in getting an early copy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.