Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Report via your console.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Didn't realize "boosting" was against the ToU/CoC... not to be confused with "modding".

[quote user="x i G h 0 s t z"]

i found some boosters on mw3  what can i do

[/quote]

ambassador?

Doesn't MW3 have rules against it? I thought it did and you could report it. Besides, a lot of people don't know the difference between boosting and modding/cheating. A lot of times they're talking about people cheating a label it "boosting". If you ask me, this Op is one of those people.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="x i G h 0 s t z"]

i found some boosters on mw3  what can i do

[/quote]

ambassador?

[/quote]

Ah... I don't know why but I just remembered about losing my ambassador status (and being banned) for liking a particular food and being labeled as a racist.

That was so lame...

Still never got an apology (yeah, I actually bothered to PM the moderators); not like that's going to do anything but the banning was wildly uncalled for.

Wouldn't matter if Activision had rules against it. MS has nothing against achievement "boosting" as long as you aren't tampering with anything/ modding.

-

But fair enough. The OP should know though...

[quote user="noboundz"]

Wouldn't matter if Activision had rules against it. MS has nothing against achievement "boosting" as long as you aren't tampering with anything/ modding.

-

[/quote]I hope you're not holding that against the OP because they're an Ambassador. Not a huge stamp of authority exactly. If it's against IW's rules, they can be banned from the game itself. I haven't played MW3 online properly, but if it's like Blops and there's a report tool, that's the one to use. If not...screenshots/send to IW.

[quote user="noboundz"]

-

[/quote]

True.

I think we should make sure what he is talking about. If it is just boosting, then there is nothing wrong from MS point of view.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="Mad Cow Dizease"]

[quote user="noboundz"]

-

[/quote]I hope you're not holding that against the OP because they're an Ambassador. Not a huge stamp of authority exactly. If it's against IW's rules, they can be banned from the game itself. I haven't played MW3 online properly, but if it's like Blops and there's a report tool, that's the one to use. If not...screenshots/send to IW.

[/quote]

Usually when someone posts on the Xbox Forums regarding this topic, they're looking to get people banned from XBL. Now if the OP had gone to the Call of Duty forums, and posted there, it would have been reasonable to assume he wanted a game-specific ban. But until the OP clarifies, all of this is conjecture, and yes, I am holding it against him.

Just some definition should you guys be confused over boosting from modding:

-

Boosting

In multi-player games, having other people assist you in getting leaderboard position or achievements that go counter to the game's design. Most often done with one team throwing the game to another.

-

Example: In game A, one Achievement requires hitting 5 enemies and 0 friendlies in one mortar strike. This is doable but, during normal play, exceptionally hard. Boosting would be getting 5 people you know to join the other team and all stand in one place so you could drop a mortar strike and get the achievement.

-

Modding
Modding, on the other hand is changing certain elements in a game or the xbox 360 itself, for example, the normal dvar value for jump height in game B is 100. A modder could modify the value to 1000, giving everyone in his game (if he is host) super jump.