BOOO Tons of cheats and cheat-users aka cheaters

This is just my little rant on the number of 'cheating' videos I've found on youtube, regarding skyrim.  It seems like many people don't want to level up fairly and play legit.  There's basically a 'cheat' way to level any skill very quickly, apparently, through glitches or abusing npcs ( allies and whatnot) to your advantage, and I don't think that's cool at all.  For example, I saw a video where moneymaking could be cheated by a specific way ( Not mentioning ), but it's ridiculous how people want to abuse that, instead of playing the game legit.  Why can't they patch it so that it can't work?  Would you ever use these 'cheats,' yourself?  Not to criticize, but just wondering.  I personally wouldn't, because that takes away your true 'skill,' and the fun of the game.  What's the point in cheating?  Does the average Skyrim player use these cheats to play their game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

single player game, cheats mean nothing, end topic.

You can do that?!?     *goes to do that*

It's their game. Let them play it the way they want to.

So I take it you despise the fact that I made a character and exploited him to level 81 and can now beat down 20 dragons at the same time if I wanted to?

I don't see why people like to ruin their game cheating either.

But it's a single player game so they are not harming anyone but themselves by cheating.

Problem with cheating is as they are not playing legit their levelling could become unbalanced and the game will get too hard for them.

I'm quite sure bethesda will patch a lot of these glitches eventually anyway like they did in Oblivion. So some of the cheats you see on youtube will stop working eventually.

I glitched my way to a good job IRL which enabled me to buy a game and play it how I like.

Doesn't bother me if people use cheats in a single player game. I won't do any exploits in this game but I will admit I used the exploits in Fallout New Vegas. Oh well. This game is too awesome imo to cheat my way up the skill ladder.

If someone wants to spam soul trap on a dead body to level, melee a npc in the back to level, make 500 daggers to level, etc............ Then good for them!!!!!!!!!!!! This does not ruin the game.

[quote user="k0rruptiD"]

[quote user="Malacath"]

I don't see why people like to ruin their game cheating either.

But it's a single player game so they are not harming anyone but themselves by cheating.

Problem with cheating is as they are not playing legit their levelling could become unbalanced and the game will get too hard for them.

I'm quite sure bethesda will patch a lot of these glitches eventually anyway like they did in Oblivion. So some of the cheats you see on youtube will stop working eventually.

[/quote]

if people want to, they still will be able to cheat, remove update, play offline, simple. rendering any update 100% useless, so its a waste of time even fixing them.

[/quote]

They could do that but they would then have to put up with all the bugs.

There is also the possibility that once they delete the patch their saves will corrupt because they will be loading a patched save into an unpatched game. Not a good idea at all. 

LOL UNY, some of those cheats have been around a long time, Since its a SP game they dont really care.