BOOK 'EM DAN-O !

I have logged a few hours into LA Noire and am digging the game quite a bit. another "open world" winner from rockstar! Its refreshing how this studio can take a familiar formula and somehow make it feel different each and every time. After being really into the other period piece Mafia, I feel right at home with this games world and look forward to all the DLC that they will inevitably release for the game.

While some of the games mechanics feel a bit clunky I take comfort in the fact that due to this games long dev cycle, what we are getting is essentially what the devs intended...vision-wise. So with that said, how is everyone else feeling about this amazing adventure?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It feels a bit repetitive to me. Search for clues, interrogate, repeat. And for such a large open world, the game is very linear. Sure, you can pick which location you want to go to first. But that's a far cry from the go anywhere do anything mentality with dozens of different types of sidequests that most Rockstar games employ. I do recognize the quality and attention to detail the game possesses. This is obviously Team Bondi's vision come to life

I like the game a lot but I really disagree with how they labeled the ideal questions/answers as correct. All that does is make people wanna restart the missions until they get 100% correct, which should not be the intention. If you get some "wrong" it shows different scenes and different dialogue. I think they really dropped the ball on that decision.