Boarderland character keeps dying :(

I played online with a group of guys and I picked up some item one of them dropped and since then i cant use my character anymore. every time i respawn I die again. dont get a chance to open my bag to delete that item. is there anyway to fix my character?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It might be a good idea to use the gearbox costumer service to solve this problem, they know more about the game than anybody else. I'll link you up to the page if you want to use it.

www.gearboxsoftware.com/contact

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did contact them and they told me the following:

Thank you for writing us with your question! The people who have hacked their system/characters should be reported to Microsoft for Xbox LIVE or Sony for PSN, as what they're doing is against the terms of service. We have released an update that removes many items created with these methods, and is available on Xbox LIVE and PSN. The retail PC DVD version of the update is available on our website: www.gearboxsoftware.com/.../borderlands. If you have a digitally distributed PC version, your digital distributor will provide you with the update.

For more information on Xbox LIVE violations and penalties, please visit: support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct.aspx

For more information on PSN violations, please visit: playstation.custhelp.com/.../218

On the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, you may be able to recover a partially corrupted save by loading it as the second player in a split-screen game. If the character is able to load, make sure to initiate a new save after entering the game (look for the Borderlands save icon in the corner of the 2nd player's screen to ensure a save has taken place). Unfortunately, if this process is not successful, it is likely not possible to recover your saved game.

We’re interested in improving the Borderlands experience for players, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know your concerns. We are continuing to investigate issues with cheating and options to address them as they arise. You can find a list of known issues, as well as the latest news on updates, in our technical support forum: gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com

Thanks again for writing, and for your interest in Borderlands!

Regards,

Gearbox Software Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.