Blue Flame Armor Effect & Bungie Nameplate

This quick mini-FAQ was created to clear up some of the common questions with the release of the Bungie App. If you have any questions not covered in this post, feel free to ask. I'll just temporarily pin this for a few weeks since these "perks" will be released on Bungie Day (July 7th) to the rest of the community.

Where can I get the Bungie App!?
First off, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 4+ to download this app. This app is not available on the Android Marketplace so Android users, I'm afraid you're out of luck for the time being.

Alright, I downloaded the app, what do I do now to get my visual flair?
Go to the app and you'll be prompted by a lovely message from Bungie. Here you can enable the 'All -Star Nameplate' as a nameplate. To activate the 'Eternal' armor effect, go to the tab in the app that says 'Love Bungie' (logo is a heart <3). Select 'Blue Flames' and enable it! Bam, you now have blue flames!

I have blue flames, chya! I can now haz 'Bungie' nameplate?
Of course you can! To enable the 'Bungie Nameplate', go to this page and click 'Change Nameplate' where the Bungie logo appears. You need to activate the blue flames first in order to have the Bungie nameplate be available under your nameplates.

So what's this whole thing with gifting the 'All-Star Nameplate'?
Since you have the app, you are able to gift the star nameplate to seven friends, strangers, or random gamertags you enter. To gift the 'All-Star Nameplate', go to the Bungie App and under the 'Love Bungie' tab you'll see the option to gift the nameplate.

And on that note:

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THE 'ALL-STAR NAMEPLATE' ON THE FORUMS OR OFFER TO GIVE IT AWAY. KEEP THE GIFTING PRIVATE!

-------

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Thanks peeps!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wait, so is it only for a limited time?

Nope, you'll have access to all the visual flair. People with iPhones and such just have early access to blue flames and the rest of the community has to wait until Bungie Day to unlock it.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Wait, so is it only for a limited time?

[/quote]

No, it was posted that the flames would burn eternally (I forget which Bungie employee said it). But, I take that as saying we can haz recon I mean the flames forever.

Edit: I was ninajed By Bogeh.

Does anyone know what bungie will now get that we can oggle over?

They still have the Haunted helmet which takes a ridiculously long time to unlock, but unless they have something hidden up their sleeves I don't think they have anything we don't have access to.

So let me get this straight:

If you have the app, you can unlock blue flames and use them straight away, and can keep them after Bungie day

If you don't have the app you have to wait til Bungie day and you also get to keep it after that day (Or do you lose it afterwards?)

Does it cost any credits to use?

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]

So let me get this straight:

If you have the app, you can unlock blue flames and use them straight away, and can keep them after Bungie day

If you don't have the app you have to wait til Bungie day and you also get to keep it after that day (Or do you lose it afterwards?) [/quote]

Correct, if you have the app you can get them early. If you don't you have to wait until the 23rd and will be able to keep them afterwards. It's Bungie's way of celebrating twenty years of Bungie awesomeness and sharing it with us.

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]

Does it cost any credits to use?

[/quote]

Nope, at least for right now it's free. I don't think they would change that though.

What about people who don't have cell phones?

what the hell is a haunted helmet? ive never seen one

haunted hellmet yeah, only way you gonna se one on reach is if you go againts an inherithor rank guy or a bungie employee, its like the wannabe EVA hellmet (PILOT) but instead of the normal visor you see a cranium inside the hellmet, very nice/cool

haunted helmet

-

and oak I read somewhere you could download some sort of ipod on your desktop and you could donwload apps there and use the bungie one for the flames dont know if its true