blood on the ice (spoilers maybe)

so i did the ffirst part of the quest, but i held on to the amulet in case i needed it or something and i was gonna sell it to calixto later. i went to try and give it to him but his shop is always locked? i havent started the other half of the quest yet, but i want to get the amulet to calixto first. any ideas on how, i really do not want to reload to a previous save to do this because i played for about for hours after the mission, then remembered i never sold the amulet.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

bump

bump again

he usually leaves his shop about 8pm and hangs arount the inn. you need to sell it to him before finishing the quest or it will get perminantly stuck in your inventory

really?! thats kind of ***, i only kept it cuz i though maybe that guard would need it as the evidence or something, and i do kind of want the necromancer amulet. Do you think this is something that would get patched or do i just need to go back four hours and redo everything :(

You can enchant yourself an amulet that is a hundred times better so don't worry about it.

im super ocd about games like this, and it doesnt really help that the elder scrolls series are always so glitchy. ill probably redo it anyway to not have the mage locked up. its not like it will be all that hard to redo the stuff i did anyway.

ok so i actually didnt do much in four hours anyway so it wasnt a big deal to redo this, but now i cant even kill the guy he attacks me and i down him but then he doesnt take anymore damage so he wont die??

I Actually need help with a different part of this quest... Cant Find this lady forgot here name but the one putting up fliers about the butcher( I dont think i killed anybody in Windhelm except for the DarkBrotherhood quests

[quote user="Brady 50"]

ok so i actually didnt do much in four hours anyway so it wasnt a big deal to redo this, but now i cant even kill the guy he attacks me and i down him but then he doesnt take anymore damage so he wont die??

[/quote]I think you have to wait for Calixto to have actually murdered that girl before you kill him. Killing him before he murders her messes up the quest.

if he has already murdered her then not sure.

I actually done this quest twice. The first time the court mage got arrested and the unidentified amulet was permenantly stuck in my inventory. The second time I sold the amulet to calixto, talked to the mage, went to the marketplace, waited for calixto to kill that woman, killed calixto, looted his corpse then noticed the unidentified amulet had been renamed as the necromancers amulet and was able to sell it.

It doesn't really matter if it gets stuck in your inventory as it doesn't weigh anything.