Blocking other xbox accounts from using credit card.

I am sharing my xbox accounts with others on one xbox. So I want to know how to block other xbox accounts from using my credit card.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

the other xbox accounts on the same console are unable to purchase content for themselves using your credit card information. Though if you don't have a account pin when you sign in to your account on that console they can freely access your account and buy things on your account at the own discretion as long as there are funds in your account.

Cause its possible to purchase games on your account generally anything that is purchased on an account on a single console is playable in full on another account on the same console -> so for example they have to go on your account to purchase Call of Duty MW3 on Demand then they can go on their own account and play that game.

So my advice is to have a pin to login to your account OR require your windows live password to sign in OR configure family controls so no one can make purchases without requiring a "family controls password"( though I am not sure if its just to allow access just for that xbox session or for each individual purchase.)

So simply put:-

no one can purchase content for their own account on that xbox. Though if your account can be accessed by anyone because it doesn't have a "sign-in pin" then people can go into your account to access your credit card. So make an account sign in pin via the account management page on the xbox dashboard. I think its in the settings tab of the main xbox dashboard now under account.

sign-in PIN:

-->its a 4 pin password consisting of buttons pressed on your controller to allow access to your xbox gamertag on a console only! not to access your credit card account or account on xbox.com

NOTE: please be aware that the only way to get around your pin if you forget it (without any support from microsoft) is to delete your account and download your account(recover account) again. So PLEASE make sure no one can guess or knows your windows live password for your e-mail associated with your xbox gamertag. cause if they do it will only take a couple of extra minutes to bypass your pin; cause they can recover your account if they know your windows live e-mail password.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.