Blocked from marketplace?

As of writing this I am currently unable to do anything on the marketplace on my Xbox one

This problem has been persistent for a few months and has prevented me from downloading any apps or games (free or not), redeeming codes and doing anything else on the marketplace.

What occurs is that when I press the button to use the marketplace (redeem code, buy etc.) the button flashes, no error message displays and then nothing happens.

This is quite limiting in my ability to use the console and prevents me from downloading the preview dashboard.

Any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi there!

Sorry to hear of your issue.

Have you tried accessing the marketplace on http://store.xbox.com/? You may be able to purchase items from there, which will then download to your Xbox One console. This is the same for redeeming codes as well (http://xbox.com/redeemcode/).

As for your console, a possible fix could be to do a power cycle. Please follow the steps below to do this:

1. When your console is turned on, please hold down the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off.

2. Wait for 30 seconds and then disconnect the power cable.

3. Wait a further 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cable and turn the console back on.

4. It may take a bit longer to reach the dashboard, but once complete, please try to access the Xbox Store again.

Should this solution not work, I recommend deleting and re-downloading your profile. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

1. Here's how to delete your profile: support.xbox.com/.../remove-profile-from-console

2. Here's how to re-download your profile: support.xbox.com/.../download-your-xbox-live-profile-to-another-xbox-one-console

I hope this helps your issue, and if you still have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Eden0032

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can use the website marketplace to download and redeem things, however certain things cannot be accessed on the website stone (only on the console such as downloading the preview dashboard).

Thanks for the advice I will try it and reply the result.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried both the power cycle and the profile removal, but unfortunately neither have solved my problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that the above solutions have not helped to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

The only other solution I have for you is to do a factory reset, which does erase all content on your console. For this reason, I recommend backing up all content and data before following any of the steps on this page: support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults.

If that does not work, or you would prefer not to do a factory reset, then I would ask that you contact Xbox Support to assist you further. Please head to support.xbox.com/contact-us.

I hope this is of more assistance.

Eden0032

Sorry this didn't help.