- 0 % online customer service, NONE
- Streams older movies, no new movies.
- Cool retro content to stream
- Some good TV shows, but many shows are segmented and you have to rent the DVDs.. which suckers you into having to have the DVD option.
- get a scratched DVD, you have to wait up to a week or longer for the return/mail/exchange process
- Rents DVDs by mail
- Trade mail DVDs in the store for new DVDs
- Rents Games by mail
- Trade games by mail for instore games (or movies)
- 24 hour online customer service which answers within a day or less (netflix has none)
- Get a scratched disk? Just go to the nearest BB and swap it.
If you do the 1 plan at a time, 2 per month.. you can get 3 per month if you swap and mail in right.
No streaming with BB.. but if your'e going to have to rent a DVD might as well be with them when you can swap in the store down the street.
No late fees if you swap within the online program. If you rent a DVD directly then the late fee stuff will apply. Just stay in the plan.
Blockbuster has also dramatically reduced costs of renting with them directly in the store.
I was looking at some shows on NF and it pisses me off that they say "On DVD only" for the first 3 episodes.. or like DEXTER, they only had the first 2 seasons online. But they expired the entire series now
Battlestar at first had the first 3 eps offline, and you had to rent them by mail. SO now you'd have to have the 16 dollar plan. It's a trick they're sucking people into.
If you're going to pay 16 dollars, then you might as well just have both Blockbuster ONline and Netflix together (Netflix streaming only option). TOgether the plans are about 16 dollars.