Blast Shield

Any1 else have a problem with how over powered this perk actually is? I think it should withstand 1 explosion. but 2,3??? fs. I play HC Dom & its ruining it for me. You get a team of run & gunners, with blast shield on & they have ballistic vests, you have no chance! Far to over powered for me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Use bullets. Move along. Rage quit. All of the above.

-

Those are your choices.

Adapt your strategy

use the fuel air explosive grenade

job done !!!!

edit :

and then use your explosive grenade  

drop the explosives and 2nd gun and run extra perks like they do.

'Any1 else have a problem with how over powered this perk actually is? I think it should withstand 1 explosion. but 2,3??? fs. I play HC Dom & its ruining it for me. You get a team of run & gunners, with blast shield on & they have ballistic vests, you have no chance! Far to over powered for me'.

Vests and Blast Shield? If they're using Blast Shield throwing several explosives is just stupid. Quit talking about how much better it is when people like you don't change their strategy and do something about it!

I'll even give you the solution: Take Armour Piercing bullets and forget about the grenades.

Well i'd be a fool if I thought I wasn't gonna get the 'Get better' comments.  

Anyway,  I play on my own, so when i'm trying to take a Dom point,  before I rush in, I throw 2 'Thermo nades' to clear the area but instead of a kill, I get the 'blast shield' icon, then I rush in & find 1,2 or even 3 players taking the Dom point while hiding in corners & covering all entrances.  Now I don't care how good you all think you actually are, none of you are getting that Dom point.  As for Ballistic vests, I don't have a major problem with them alone, its when its combined with Blast shield & a good squad of run & gunners it gets annoying.  I've actually seen a helicoptor dropping its bombs on a player & even those didn't do any damage against blast shield!

Now im 8th prestige with a K/D of 2.5, so I do know how to play the game, I personally just think its to over-powered.

[quote user="xThe13thWarrior"]

Well i'd be a fool if I thought I wasn't gonna get the 'Get better' comments.  

Anyway,  I play on my own, so when i'm trying to take a Dom point,  before I rush in, I throw 2 'Thermo nades' to clear the area but instead of a kill, I get the 'blast shield' icon, then I rush in & find 1,2 or even 3 players taking the Dom point while hiding in corners & covering all entrances.  Now I don't care how good you all think you actually are, none of you are getting that Dom point.  As for Ballistic vests, I don't have a major problem with them alone, its when its combined with Blast shield & a good squad of run & gunners it gets annoying.  I've actually seen a helicoptor dropping its bombs on a player & even those didn't do any damage against blast shield!

Now im 8th prestige with a K/D of 2.5, so I do know how to play the game, I personally just think its to over-powered.

[/quote]

Maybe you dont. ..... and I dont know the exact details of how this works, but first, blast shield shouldnt work on thermobaric nades. They are a tac nade, not a lethal. Meaning that its technically tac resist that protects one from it.

Second ..... as I meantioned, its a tac nade. There could be a number of ways they make it work. If it does a set amount of damage, it should most likely kill in hc if you use 2. But if it works on percentage, or works on  some other formula of damage then maybe you are just understanding them wrong.

So .... if tac resist "renders you nearly immune to Flash, Concussion or EMP grenades" and includes thermobaric nades, then by that description, 2 tb nades may not be enough to kill even in hc mode.

Third ..... I'll say it again...... its a tac nade. The purpose is to do a small amount of damage and weaken armour ..... not kill. Being that its hc mode , they may be lethal. But they arent meant to be an extra lethal nade, so if you are chucking 2 of them because you want free extra lethal nades, then maybe the problem is you're an entitled dbag who is trying to exploit tac nades in hc mode and the devs have stopped you from doing so.

Last ...... if you know how to play the game, you ought to know its not wise for a single player to try and rush a flag being taken by the enemy by yourself. You might be good enough to do it sometimes, I do it sometimes succesfully myself, but your whole tactic of rushing multiple enemies head on is a poor one. Maybe you need to find another way.

Or play another mode. HC Dom? Gross. I can barely stand core on this game.

Did I just get called a D,bag on a forum for having a problem with a perk??

I'll give another example just so you know this isn't my doing or its because I have a bad aim or i'm a bad player.

On the map with the 'gas station' that blows up (forget the name), 'B' is in a container in the middle of the map, when the opposition player was taking 'B', I pulled out the 'Thumper' & shot 2 nades into the container, I got the 'blast shield' symbol twice. Now for clever bollocks up there, that's not 2 'thermo nades' & it still had the same effect.  I've done it many a time & I no what i'm talking about & i'll say it again, ITS OVERPOWERED in HC!!

As for me rushing a Dom point, I throw the nades in & get the 'blast shield' symbol so I no there's some1 in there & i'm not in the habit of just letting some1 take it without a fight, if that's how you play the game then it's a wonder how you've won any matches.