Blade Armor needs a revamp

First off, I enjoy using the Batarian Soldier.  He is IMHO the best out of the SOldier class.  That said, he has two problems:

-> He gets stunned way to easily

-> Blade Armor straight sucks

Now, I can see a fun build with it, but let's be honest, he is commonly built 6/0/6/6/6 ignoring Blade Armor.  Some reasons:

-> DR is only 30% at best, which you must sacrifice the speed at which you can use Ballistic Blades at to even achieve

-> Tier 4 and 5 Melee evolutions are pointless and weak

Anyone else but me think Blade Armor needs to be reworked to be worth something?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah Batarian soldier is easily one of my favorite character's(more ammo,falcon punch,high health&shields)

Blade Armor is a lot better maxed out I've actually killed phantom's with it although on the lower levels it needs to be buffed.

I got the Sentinel build and I wasn't sure what the armour did.  I thought it was some kind of Tech Armor where you'd fling knives at enemies at close range doing massive damage.  At least that's what I was lead to believe when I read DocHolliday and Evil Optimus arguing about the benefits of the build on Gold in one of the threads.

Ive not got the Soldier, but I assume its identical to the Sentinels. It really does need some serious buff, cos as it stands it only has two functions: looks pretty cool & the ability to reflect melee damage.

Coolest thing about Blade Armor..I killed something that also killed me.

I maxed it out on the Soldier but only 3'ed it with the Sentinel (I play with a guy who has a Turian Sentinel so we do the Warp/Shockwave Combo a lot)

I dunno. I like Blade Armor. Took out a Geth Prime on silver that decided to rush me because of it.

Blade armor saved me last night against a banshee who tried to grab me, only took down 3/4's of my shields instead of killing me like it always did with the turian soldier.

Good to know about the Banshees, gonna try and sucker punch one next time I play...:-)

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

I got the Sentinel build and I wasn't sure what the armour did.  I thought it was some kind of Tech Armor where you'd fling knives at enemies at close range doing massive damage.  At least that's what I was lead to believe when I read DocHolliday and Evil Optimus arguing about the benefits of the build on Gold in one of the threads.

[/quote]

A detonation ability on it would be very nice. Could possibly have a bleed/explosive effect like the blades.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

[/quote]

What I said was, Blade Amour doesn't really do anything special except give you added protection, and damages enemies that melee you. I think you're mixing that up with Ballistic Blades...and yes, I took this character on gold and had a great time wth him, and beat the match.

After playing the infiltrator and adept classes for so long, using the Batarian Soldier and Sentinel is a fantastic change especially because of the Blade Armor.  There is nothing better than seeing:

Bedlam74 [Blade Armor] Phantom or

Bedlam74 [Blade Armor] Banshee or

Bedlam74 [Blade Armor] Ravasher or

Bedlam74 [Blade Armor] Brute

Equip your Batarian with the Kishook Harpoon gun (or the Graal Spike Thrower), charge it, shoot, then rush them and melee away. Note: Make sure the Banshee's barrier is down.

Silver and Gold require a bit more caution.  But I find it extremely fun on Bronze.