black x360 not reading games

i have had this issue as well.  my xbox360 is not reading any game or movie i put in.  it worked just fine up until yesterday.  ive removed the hard drive, cleared my cache and tried numerous times to get this thing to work.  can someone help me? thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Try to contact Xbox via email or telephone as there is probably a problem that cannot be fixed at home.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same problem, at first it would only do that to games with lots of scratches on (but would eventually work), but now it's starting to happen to Froza 4, which is completely unscratched. I can't clear my cache as I can't find it, and even if I could I don't want to delete things like gamerpictures, DLC and other things I could never get back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Clearing the cache only removes temporary data, it doesn't delete any of your downloads or save data.  This guide explains how to clear the cache: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache

With regards to disc reading problems please see here: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/disc-drive/disc-drive-solution

However, if those guides do not fix your issue, you will have to send your console for a repair.  The DVD drive is failing.

Sorry this didn't help.