Black soul gems

Is there any way to make black soul gems in Skyrim?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They can be harvested in Geode Veins (I haven't done this yet, but I assume with a pick axe) - The dwemer ruin of Blackreach, below Alftand,  is a good harvesting area.

Thanks. I'll give that a try

There is a shady mage merchant (Enthir) at the College of Winterhold who sells Black Soul Gems and Daedra Hearts (at a premium).

[quote user="Echo Drive"]

There is a shady mage merchant (Enthir) at the College of Winterhold who sells Black Soul Gems and Daedra Hearts (at a premium).

[/quote]

I knew i'd bought some in the past but couldn't remember who. Spent ages trying to find them in shops. Thought it was just some one off thing being able to buy them.

I'll check when Enthir. Hopefully he's got more to sell.

**Possible Spoiler** How do you gain access to Blackreach? I stumbled across it in my adventuring and noticed it was locked down pretty tight.

[quote user="Lax"]

**Possible Spoiler** How do you gain access to Blackreach? I stumbled across it in my adventuring and noticed it was locked down pretty tight.

[/quote]

It's part of the main quest. I'm not sure you can get in there without doing that quest.

What is the difference between black and grand soul gems, aside from appearance?....I remember there was a quest in oblivion about them...and you could only get them by placing grand soul gems in alters in remote locations at midnight on a full moon or something......is there any benefits to them over grand soul gems though?

This is a little of topic, however if you go to Azura Shrine, a mage will ask you to recover the The star of Azura (which is a reusable black soul gem). Just make sure that you return it to Nelacar found in the Frozen Hearth in Winterhold and he will repair it  for you after a small quest and you then have a reusable black soul gem that traps human souls. (Don't return it to Azura as it will only be able to capture non-human souls).

Here's the guild: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Black_Star

There is no main difference aside from bein able to trap human souls, and a much higher resale price.

Hope this isn't too far off topic, but can someone tell me what Soul Gem Fragments are for? I've been collecting these things hoping I can use them for something later. Thx.