Black Screens

Well now these black screens are getting very annoying.  Sure, the servers might be down, so WHY do I also get the black screen on the SINGLE player?

ARGGHHHH, any help appreciated.

I was playing fine last night.  Sure I have the black screen of non loadingness every now and then - but now its on every map.

Ive deleted, reinstalled both the game and the HD graphics and the add ons.  Alas no avail.

Any ideas please?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I get this on any B2K map I try and join through the server browser. It is really frustrating, coupled with the crazy lag on Siene CQ the first time I go down the stairs between C and A and topped off with the sound dropout affecting every game at some point. This game needs fixing!!! Balance a functioning game, not a broken one FFS.

So how do you get into the game?

Ive tried not auto assigning a squad, but it still black screens.

I can get in using quick match and server browser works for the vanilla maps. I am in the UK, so the issues may be different if you are in another country. Never had that problem with the single player, it was stuck on a loading screen loop the other day, so I loaded the level instead of using the continue option.