Black Screens...

This game is awful. I just played a game where got 8! Black screens. One after another with about 20 seconds of playtime in between them. About 2-3 minutes of the game was spent on Black Screens, and after each one I would either die or be messed up. - Why does this game black screen so much? I wouldn't black screen this often in Halo 3, there I would get 1 black screen every 5 games, this game I get 2 black screens every game. This game didn't do anything Halo 3 did right, this game was just a horrible step in the wrong direction/rant.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Definitely a rant right there, lol.

It's not 343's or Bungie's fault. Black screening can be attributed only to the connections of the people in the game, dominantly the hosts. If the game chooses a host that has an unsuitable connection, that will happen. You'd have to blame Xbox Live as a whole for being p2p if you want to blame someone.

Be quiet Bob, I was in the middle of a game typing that up. I only spent about a minute on this and I would have typed more and raged more if It wasn't for the fact that I don't want to get in trouble. >:l

-

Noble: Of course it's not Bungie's fault, it's 343s. Don't ask me how as my logic is very stupid, but I still blame them. >:l

Anyways, I know what the Black Screen is for, but Reach is the only game where I constantly get it. Modern Warfare 3 and Halo 3 are fine.

-

Side note, The spawns are awful in Anivarsary, I lost a perfection because of them. And why the heck do we still have fall damage and Bloom? I lost 3 kills because of them. 343, I R >:( at you.

I will agree that some of the spawning in Anniversary is a bit whacky. I was playing a 1 bomb assault game on Breakneck and I spawned practically in the enemy base on a catwalk, and got immediately beat down after spawning as an enemy was walking towards me as I spawned. I was a little upset after that lol

I actually don't see the black screen because of lag all that often. Usually I'll see the black screen because some dillhole quits out. I continue playing during the black screen though. Depending on what I'm doing when the screen goes black, I'll do things such as continually jump or backpedal continuously. It seems to help sometimes if I'm in a firefight.

Video proof...or it didn't happen.

People who claim to see black screens can't tell the difference between a real black screen and a lag black screen.

Just because you get a black screen, doesn't man that better players get black screens.

Maybe you get a black screen because you can't play as well as you think you can.

I've olny ever seen a black screen once and that was ages ago when the game was newly released.

343/Microsoft will detect black screens and ban them.

Black screens are only seen from your xbox's point of view.

Does all this sound familiar?

.........and there are no FN hackers or modders in the game either!

lol chortle roflmao

^

...Wut? :S

I think he was trying (and failing miserably) to make fun of the people who denounce cheating in Reach. None of the post made sense, though.

Quick unrelated question. The waypoint forum  isn't working for me right now, is it just me?

-sorry for posting in multiple threads,need answers

[quote user="An Old Drunkard"]

Video proof...or it didn't happen.

People who claim to see black screens can't tell the difference between a real black screen and a lag black screen.

Just because you get a black screen, doesn't man that better players get black screens.

Maybe you get a black screen because you can't play as well as you think you can.

I've olny ever seen a black screen once and that was ages ago when the game was newly released.

343/Microsoft will detect black screens and ban them.

Black screens are only seen from your xbox's point of view.

Does all this sound familiar?

.........and there are no FN hackers or modders in the game either!

lol chortle roflmao

[/quote]

You know, I really thought I went through the effort of doing everything I could for people so that they didn't turn into idiots that don't make any sense or repeat what was said accurately.

Recently becoming extremely bitter towards people and there isn't much I've done to feel that way.

________

An Old Drunkard... I30 and Phaaque, if I'm not mistaken. Yes: we've seen what you've just posted before, congratulations. They're our common responses to issues such as this.

1) Video proof is certainly something it's worth asking for. Is it annoying? Certainly could be, I acknowledge that. However, cheating is very much a controversial topic many people don't correctly identify, so it's nice to have something we can actually interpret for ourselves.

2) Black screens are black screens. How you get one doesn't matter because what you see doesn't change, with the potential and negligible exception of the text. What you've sarcastically repeated does still have some of its original merit however, because this is precisely the point that asking for proof is designed to help with. We can't tell whether someone's correctly identified what's happening, so we ask for something clearer than their words to interpret.

3) This is straight bitterness with no merit and is certainly not something we've said. We (I'm fond of this personally) might take someone's underwhelming personal stats as a large reason as to why they're accusing someone of cheating. It's the same principle you'd find anywhere.

-- A novice firefighter sees burnt oil in a pot on a glass table in a clear room and calls this as the reason there was a fire.

-- An experienced firefighter sees cindered newspaper next to a destroyed gas heater on badly burnt carpet and correctly identifies this as the reason there was a fire.

Someone without the necessary experience with a game and its limits can't identify what cheating is. Add networking, which a vast majority of people don't properly understand and you get far more incorrect, misinformed accusations than legitimate ones.

4) Basically the same as the above and equally misconstrued, but I'll explain it again anyway. Not having the experience or skill (and don't try to give me crap about the use of the word people seem to hate so much, because it isn't worth the effort) to correctly identify cheaters is very common amongst people who post threads about cheaters here, hence our generally skeptical [but welcoming enough] attitude.

5) "I've only ever seen cheating once and that was ages ago when the game had recently been released".

I've always thought this was an interesting line though I don't believe in it, use it or really respect it myself. Many of us have only seen cheating once, which is perfectly reasonable, so that's not something I'm going to explain again. Cheaters are rare, some of us have seen them (I personally haven't seen any in Reach, though I have seen varying numbers in H3, depending on what you call cheating) and it's generally over thousands of games. This is why we don't generally put much credit towards "I see them every game and I've only just started. Is it always this bad?" responses.

6) Nothing but anger here. It's a fact that cheaters are dealt with fairly efficiently by Microsoft online and there's not much we'll say to the contrary. Indeed, it's a mistake to contradict such a fact.

________

7) This one I'll actually take some offense to, because this is something only I ever offer in similar threads. Don't ever go taking the crap out of this, because there are reasons I say it.

Lag is the single most variable aspect in online Halo, no two ways about it. One of the reasons that's the case is because it appears differently to different people, and this time I actually won't give you my explanation as to why this is the case. While black screens are not different between people unless it's brought about by network issues on your end, I do see what you're taking the crap out of and don't really see any wisdom is doing so.

________

"Does all this sound familiar?"

Clearly. I suggest you go back to playing Reach, accusing everyone who beats you of cheating and generally not having learnt from anything I or the others have said, because that's about as far as you seem to be going to me.

Pleasure to have known you for the time you were being intelligent, now get lost because I don't need to watch someone backtrack as far as you're trying to. You don't like the fact that we consistently repeat the same advice because until proven otherwise we're right?

There's nothing I can do about that. For my part, I repeat the same advice that I've gleaned for myself across absolutely thousands of games and plenty of sources because even as I continue to play, I find nothing to the contrary and can prove what I have to say is right.

The others can either say the same or offer general advice that doesn't come with any certainty, so there's nothing wrong here.

________

"and there are no FN hackers or modders in the game either!"

Last and least worthwhile comment in your post. We have never to my knowledge -- not once -- said that there are no modders or hackers. From what I can see, every single person who posts across all threads similar to the style you're parodying repeats this many times:

"There are hackers and modders on all games, including Reach, but they're rare".

This is completely true. No-one has ever said otherwise, no-one meant to sound as though they were saying otherwise.

________

"lol chortle roflmao"

I certainly made a mistake with you.