Black Screen when booting game.

Hello. When I put disk into tray and xbox recognizes it,I push start game,then disk is starting to spin and screen goes black and stays that way.I tried ejecting disk or pluging out internet cable,but console did nothing,so the only thing left was to push power putton and restart it.It only happened 2 times now,but with two different games.First one was Rage and second one was Batman Archam city.Other times games are working fine.I have all my games installed on HDD.And i have Xbox 360 S 250 gb which is almost one year old.Is this a common thing that happens?I have many games but only these two have this  problem.How dangerous is this? And how i fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 815 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sometimes the Xbox will freeze, but a black screen is uncommon. Perhaps you're getting a notification to update the game that is taking a little while longer to come up than you anticipated? This can happen with network hiccups and a slow connection speed. The 360 will come to a crawl for a while and prompt you when it's ready to listen. Just a suggestion. If you have any other games, go ahead and try to test with those.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I already have an update for those games,My internet is 20 mbit so i dont think its a problem.Just tryed Batman again and same thing happened again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, can you please check your physical connections to your Xbox? Maybe it has something to do with your connection to the TV. Also, some members are having difficulties with the Catwoman DLC. If you want, you can delete Batman off your hard drive, including the DLC, reinstall to Hard Drive, and THEN install DLC. This has helped people with a similar problem. I'm guessing the same applies to RAGE. Uninstall game and dlc, reinstall to hard drive, and then attempt to download the DLC. Hope it helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you i will try that,but there is already some problem with this method - I dont have any DLCs for Rage.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am very sorry.I messed up with Rage.Rage had other problem.There was no black screen it was dashboard that didnt recognized disk.I removed it and second time game showed up.So its only a batman then.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, well Batman has a problem with the black screen, as I have read others with the problem. Try doing the method I explained above, and let us know what happens.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do i have to delete save game ?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem as the OP with Gears of War 3 (Have not tried Batman). There appears to be something different with games being released currently that makes them incompatible with certain Xbox's.

Here is my story regarding GoW3:

"I have a 4GB Slim Xbox that isn't even a year old. Every time my Xbox tries to load Gears of War 3, I get a disc error or the screen goes black as if it is launching the game, but it just gets stuck there. I even took my original copy of Gears of War 3 back to the store to replace it, but same thing on the second copy

Resetting the Xbox after a failed black screen launch messed up my disc drive. Afterwards, none of my games would load or even be recognized by the disc drive. I luckily was still under warranty so I had my Xbox shipped to their repair center and just got it back today.

Even though I specifically asked the representative to put something in the ticket about GoW3 not working, GoW3 is still not working after my console got back to me. It doesn't even look like they did anything, but wipe my hard drive and throw a free month of Gold membership in the shipping box. My other games look to be working again, but I'm back to were I was before my disc drive broke.

Not happy with the level of support and product quality coming from EPIC games and Microsoft."

Sorry this didn't help.

No you shouldn't have to delete your save game data.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a gears of war 3 too,but i dont have any problems with it

Sorry this didn't help.