Black Ops Map Pack and Region Issues

I am a US citizen on a military base in Japan currently.  I can't seem to download the map packs to certain games, such as Black Ops, due to region restrictions.  I'm not the only serviceman with this issue.  I was wondering if there are, or plan on being any fixes for this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I guess you didn't see this?

Black Ops Add on Compatibility

If you do not meet ALL of the criteria you will not be able to download it.

Account Region+Game Disc Region+Actual Live in Region=All must match:

US+US+US=Access            US+US+JP=Denied                 US+JP+JP=Denied                   JP+JP+US=Denied

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well two things

First there is nothing to fix on ms's side first of all region locks are due to international laws and distibution rights

So regardless unless your base provides an USA Internet connection from the usual posts in Japan it is still Japanese connection which means it falls under their laws . There is no way possible to get the mappacks I hear other bases buys satellite internet from the us that's an option those can be privately purchased too.

2nd if your current location doesn't reflect your actual location you have 2 choices either buy a Japanese  region free disk and get a japanese account to buy the correct Japanese dlc or wait till you are back in the us

* note keep in mind the disk has to be region free you can google blackops Japanese region free disk to see if they are*

Sorry this didn't help.

Sadly that answers my question, thanks for the help.  I was wondering if any future titles of COD will be like this?  If so I have already informed the base exchanges of the known  issue and they are discussing not ordering any copies of future COD titles for such reasons.

Sorry this didn't help.

first buying a game doesn't mean you can't play without dlc

It is upto your base to provide internet connection if it's not a DoD or us Internet well nothing ms can do about it

Ms still has to follow international laws

Any game with content issues will have regional locks

Halo , most cod games with extreme violence or hate symbols, any games with extreme violence and hate symbols

Mw2 and 1 didn't have the same lvl of violence as blackops or WaW nor the hate symbols

Not sure about mw3 I'd do a ratings check on that one but most treyarch games are region locked

Sorry this didn't help.

what if you were to buy the add on in the states, then download it in japan.

Sorry this didn't help.

It would fail at 99% on when you try redownloading

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm i kinda wanna beg to differ Temhotabot because there is a fix around this for us service members and it seems like no one on here is saying it US Military members CAN yes CAN download content that is US on a US Xbox with a US account and the way to do is a two step process first you must change your billing address to your military APO address and zip code and second check your internet service provider if its been approved to be considered a us IP by any major companies and 5 to 1 they aint going to know what that means so you'll have to CALL Xbox support directly and ask for some help and see if they know if it is. And as a warning to all my fellow US   military members in theses forums or who read them, the help here while good doesn't understand the detail and confusing problems we as over seas service members live with.

Sorry this didn't help.

You have no idea what a geoip ?

Regardless where you are the only way to get an us ip is a us Internet provider

The only way to get that is not a foreign Internet service as their gateways do not provide us ips

Only us ISPs can provide that thru their gateways the only us portable ip is satellite Internet provided by the us mitary in iraq and alghnistan or civilian use ones like sprint

Sorry this didn't help.