Black Ops freezing on loading screen

Alright, so now my game is doing this exact thing as well. We wait in the lobby for the game to start and then when it finally does, it gets to the last little bit of loading the game and then the little loading ring appears and the title freezes and we can't do anything from there except go back to the dashboard.

If anyone has figured out a solution to this PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I thought I was replying to an old thread, but it looks like I created a new one. So ya, on Black Ops, my game always freezes when I try to play multiplayer online. It has only been doing it for a few weeks now, but only occasionally. Now it seems like it happens every time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do either the multiplayer maps or the zombie maps load when you try them in single player as in Split screen? If they do not load still then the issue is with your game disc. Is it dirty or scratched?  Even DLC map packs will fail to load with a damaged disc as vital game assets from the disc are still required for these maps to load too.

Things to try:

Cleaning your disc or taking it to a game store to have the scratches removed
Installing your game to the hard drive
Installing your friends or a rental copy to your hard drive and then using your disc to run the game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.