Black Ops disc keeps breaking

I have had my XBOX 360 for about a year and my Black OPs CD cracked once in the center of the disc and I bought another one to replace it.  Now it has happened again.  I only play this game on my XBOX and I'm a bit tired of having to buy a new CD everytime the CD cracks.  I read on many sites of other people having this same issue.  I don't overuse my XBOX i play when I can but by all means the CD shouldn't be breaking this often.  I have CD's from the 90's that are still intact.  Why do I have to keep buying the same game over and over again just to play it?  I know I can download it on my XBOX as I just read that online, but still it said you need the cd to play it so is this how Microsoft runs it's XBOX buisness, making people pay for games over and over again?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Install the game to your Hard Drive and take care while removing the game from the case to the Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It stays in the drive, it doesn't come out.  Now I cannot download it to the box because it has a hair crack on the center and it wont read it again.  and like i said i have music cds from the 90s and they still haven't broke, yet brand new xbox cds have broke twice in one year?  seriously?  this is how they keep their money coming in, making shifty products that break easily?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.