Black ops delay

Hey!

I got a brand new LED tv, samsung series 6.

I can play games like NHL11 and Red dead redemption on the highest HD quality without any problems. But it does'nt work with COD black ops.

It's a big delay from my button to the actual movement on tv, and i don't like playing with an ugly HD quality, makes the game boring.

So why is this, anyone????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

hi what kind of hdmi cable do you use? and did you download the game to your xbox?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would say it could be due to  the "clear motion" function of your tv or the micro and local dimming, however this would be more problematic in older titles and since those games run ok I would advise installing the game to the hdd and try playing it that way if you can try to see if you can turn off the functions of your tv that make it so great for television watching lol. Your hdmi should be fine whatever brand you use unless you have anything in excess of 10 to 12 feet or more. I personally have set up theater systems in peoples homes with 25-50ft runs of hdmi cables under the house and there is noticeable picture degradation and lag. let us know how things go and we will try and help you further

Sorry this didn't help.

Mr Veasel, this could relate to the refresh mode/video settings your TV is using. Check the video profiles on your TV and see if there is a "Game" mode. You may have to consult the manual for your TV, but pressing the 'Menu' button should get you there without too much trouble. Try the 'Game' mode out and see if that helps.Here is a good article about game modes for more info: reviews.cnet.com/.../what-is-game-mode

You may also want to look at the manual or online to learn about your particular TV and what settings are available and what the delay is for your particular set. Long story short, not all TVs and monitors are the same and some have more input lag for gaming graphics. There are some good articles on CNET if you would like to read more. Here is one about input lag: reviews.cnet.com/.../input-lag-how-important-is-it

Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Game mode is a good option for some but picture quality suffers GREATLY, turning off things like clear motion and dimming modes if possible may degrade picture as well but not to such a noticeable degree. O.P. would surely get bored with the game mode enabled lol In a newer tv such as yours if you read all the specs and the manual im sure you can manually set a lot of the options for yourself without having to rely on factory preset.

Sorry this didn't help.