Black Ops Connection Interrupted

Ever since I Downloaded the new map pack for black ops,  I keep getting Connection Interrupted and the get kicked from the game.  And when I'm in game my connection goes from 4 bars down to 1. It keeps going up and down like that during the game and usually ends up with "Connection Interrupted".  I thought it was my connection at first so I cut off every wireless device that I have and directly connect my Xbox to my router and still the same thing happens.  Any Ideas on that one?

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2018 Views 114 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey guys! Do you find that you have issues playing any other games on LIVE, or just this one? Also, can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i keep on suffering with this problem too. it sucks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I get the same thing!! It's freaking annoying I'm frustrated with this crap I hope they fix it ASAP cuz it affects both multiplayer and zombies and I haven't been able to play a good decent game in awhile so xbox live or ppl from black ops 2 fix this crap man!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem with both BO2 and MW3. I've tried contacting customer support, but their efforts were unsuccessful. All other devices work fine on the modem and the connection comes through strongly on the Xbox 360 S that I have. However, the games still have the issue. I have not downloaded any DLC packs. I'm strongly considering switching to play station, and if the problem continues with all of you, I suggest you do the same until Xbox fixes this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am from Italy, and I have the same problem, especially when I am playing a good game. I have heard this could be caused when the player that host the game disconnects and leave the game itself. All the other players lose the connection and most of the times are brought back to the main screen and disconnect from xbox live...

Anybody heard about this?

it seems it is made on purpose, when the winning team is about to win the match, whatever the game mode is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, my issues are the same as well. Only game I cannot play is Black Ops 2. Just got the new DLC and now I'm getting Connection Interrupted much more frequently then I would like. It's an original model Xbox, but runs great! Four years and its still running great until I got the Black Ops DLC. Brand new modem that runs amazingly well, so I don't think that it's my console or my modem. Have tried wired and wireless and same results for each. It seems like up until I got Revolution, Black Ops ran great! But now it's to the point where I can't even play. Any advice? (I ran connection tests on my modem and Xbox, both came back with flying colors.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kipper10Rocks,

I'm sorry to hear about any inconveniences this has caused. Due to the age of this thread and that the issue described by the original poster is a bit different than what you're describing, I would suggest creating a new thread if you'd like to troubleshoot what you're experiencing. This way you'll be able to receive support from the community specifically to you. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're still encoutnering this issue, please check out this post and reply with the appropriate info. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Whenever I play Black Ops online, every 10 seconds , its says Connection Interupted , at it takes me to a different part of the map and its really annoying! What can I do? HELP!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Deathrox386,

Are you able to share the results from the speed test that Mr. Gwyther mentioned above?  Get those results for us, and we'll go from there.  Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.