Black Ops 2 multiplayer

I have a newbi question. When my son and I play Black Ops 2 multiplayer death match,we are on the same team.  My question is are the other people on the team and the other team computer generated or are they players online? We aren't sure what the difference between local and xbox live selections.  We don't have gold. Another question I have is if we have gold and a headset could we communicate with the other people on our team if they are not computer generated but real people?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 647 Applies to:

you need Xbox Live gold to play online multiplayer with other people., and yes,  If you have a headset, you can talk to other people on your team if they have a headset. Im going to go on a limb here and say that some people on call of duty arent the nicest of people, but you can still talk to them

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply, so are the people and names of the other players computer generated?

Sorry this didn't help.

im not sure how the names are created for combat training (where you are playing with and against the computer) but the people online have their own user-generated names/gamertags

Sorry this didn't help.

It is possible that you have played online with real people, it requires gold but I think it was free this weekend. I don't know how it's in BO2 but computer generated players often have obvious names but I have seen that sometimes names from your friends list are used. You can always check what resent players you have met by using the Xbox button, and check out there profiles. If you want to be sure to not play with people test play offline.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to know you chose Xbox to play Black Ops 2 with! You were playing against artificial intelligence generated by the game on a mode known as "Combat Training". Their names have a clan tag of 3arc beside their name and they're random players off of your friends list. A clan tag appears to the left of someones name in brackets, such as this"

[3arc]

If you have gold and a headset, you will be able to talk to players online. For your child though, it may not be the best environment socially. As stated by a previous post on this thread, "some people on call of duty arent the nicest of people". Good luck! Hope this post helped you!

Also, the difference between "Local" and "Xbox Live Selections" are as follows:

Local: Play against different Xbox consoles linked together (Two or more Xbox consoles linked together in the same room)

Xbox Live Selections: Play against players online throughout the world

Sorry this didn't help.

If you were playing local then you most likely were playing with bots. Local is a subsection of multiplayer that allows you to play by yourself or split screen player. If you get a gold membership and you have a microphone you will be able to communicate with your team!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the info and the advice on the headset with my son! This was helpful.

Sorry this didn't help.