Black ops 2 freezes

My black ops 2 game is in trouble. The first day I got it I could not play zombies. The multiplayer worked well and campaign. I exchanged the game for another one. That game froze on zombies. It froze right in the zombie menu. I cannot play solo even. I have tried cleaning the disc and turning it on and off. Also taking out the power cord. All my other games do not freeze. It freezes so bad that the controller does not even work but the music still plays. I have tried all my methods at least 10 times

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Maddux,

Can you run through the Screen Freeze Solution and see if the steps there help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just out of curiousity, have you tried installing the Disc to your HDD? This will increase performance massively, and it soundsl ike it is a visual problem rather than a Disc problem, if the sounds works and the visuals do not.

Check your display srttings for your xbox and see if that helps.

I know that my Black Ops II freezes about 3 - 4 times every 4 hours, each freeze is only like 1 second long, but i have gotten use to it. I just simply installed the disc and then it worked fine ever since. Installing the disc makes sure that the content is properly recognised which is how it will help with the freezes. If this still persists.

If the problem still persists afterwards then try the same Disc on a friends console, try all the menus, gamemodes etc, if it works, then it will be your console.

Sorry this didn't help.

i intall all my games to my HDD hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.