Black Ops 2 freezes in Multiplayer

Within the last 2 weeks, I've had my Xbox freeze multiple times while trying to play online multiplayer on Black Ops 2.  It hasn't happened when playing any other game or running apps.  I usually get through a few matches and then after one the screen is black and I can't do anything.  I can push the center button to shut down the console, but then it freezes before I can choose to do this.  I've had the game for almost a year and I've never had problems with it before.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 203 Applies to:

Try clearing the system caches from the storage menu, some data might have become corrupt and trapped in there.  Also if it's a disc based game check the disc to make sure there are no scratches.  If it's digital and clearing the cache doesn't work then delete the game, clear the cache, reboot and re-download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks I'm trying deleting all of the data first.  I am just curious, why would it be the disc if it's online multiplayer?  The freezing doesn't have anything to do with my connection or the server?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AllieHud,

If you are experiencing freezing issues while playing a game then this guide here for screen freeze issues would be the best place to look. There are many steps there that should be able to get you back up and running. Let's give that a look and see if that is able to help. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.